the LAB at Rockwell Group is looking to quickly bring another Software Developer onto our team. Apply at this link: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ROCKGROU&cws=1&rid=15
posting is duplicated below.
As an interactive design team within a larger architecture firm, the LAB at Rockwell Group seeks to blur the line between the physical and virtual in all of Rockwell Group’s projects. The LAB’s process relies heavily on iterative prototypes that we build ourselves. Through making and experimenting with interactive experiences, and embedding that software and hardware into things and places, the LAB creates narratives and new design opportunities that provide deeper and more valuable experiences for visitors and inhabitants. Our team members have diverse backgrounds from various design disciplines, including interaction design, product design, and software and hardware engineering.
###About the Role
We are looking for a full-time developer to add to our team. Candidates need to meet the requirements listed below, exhibit strong interest in learning new technologies and techniques, and have the ability to work in a non-hierarchical, inter-disciplinary team. Someone with a design background that is equally comfortable on both sides of the “fence” is highly encouraged to apply.
The core responsibilities include working on projects for clients from ideation and pitch, through design, and into production, installation, and finally maintenance. We as a team nurture an R&D spirit to continue expanding our curiosity, experience, toolkit, and intuition.
- 3+ years combined development experience in Processing, openFrameworks, or Cinder (Historically we have used openFrameworks in production)
- Experience building applications that communicate amongst multiple computers
- 1+ years experience with Git for version management and collaboration
- Familiarity with C++ (openFrameworks/Cinder), and ability to quickly learn new frameworks and technologies
- Development for installation projects
- Experience developing for web platforms (front and back-end)
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with WebGL
- Experience maintaining software in physical installations
- Design background (Interaction, graphic, product, architectural, etc.)
- Knowledge about software development best practices and design patterns
- Programming for installation: sharing responsibilities (and code) with other LAB and freelance developers
- Working with other LAB developers to identify technical approach (both software design and hardware)
- Collaborating with designers (interaction, architectural, and others) to arrive at inspiring and obtainable concepts
- Programming for research: experimenting with novel use, novel hardware, and novel technology
- Link to website, portfolio or some description of past projects
- Link to GitHub, Bitbucket, or similar profile
Be ready to provide:
- Relevant code samples