load an image?

Hello :slight_smile: I’m new to the use of openframeworks, so I hope you guys could help me get started :slight_smile:

Do you know any good beginner guides?

Besides that, I would like to load an image with openframeworks so I can work with it, but I cant seem to figure out how to load an image.
I’ve been looking at some examples, but I cant seem to figure out where to start.

My total goal is to load an image and work with the pixelvalues of the image.

Hope you can help me, and thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi,

You can use ‘ofImage’ to use the openFramework image class.
ofImage.loadImage(); lets you load in your image. (make sure you image file is stored in ‘bin/data’)

Read more about using the ofImage class by clicking this link:
http://www.openframeworks.cc/documentation?detail=ofImage#ofImage

hi.

as vinesh said ,you can use ‘ofImage’ to use the openFramework image class.ofImage.loadImage(); lets you load in your image. (make sure you image file is stored in ‘bin/data’) .or you can try other method to load-image.this solution is not the way of openFramework ,but from experience of image-processing, there is no distinct difference.

if you are loading for image loading method for beginners, i suggest you start from the bases, loading from file by using some third party software, then gradually you can learn some sample codes if you are interested in loading-images-tool, when you go deeper,you will know how to load-from-.net-graphics.