Linker failure: mingw32-g++.exe: libcv.o: No such file...

Hi

I’m new to all this openFrameworks malarkey and have been experimenting trying to get some camera tracking working. I’m using Code::Blocks 10.05 and have happily had the openCV example running and modified it to do some very basic colour object tracking.

Then I tried to get a bit clever. I wanted to have a go with the ofxCvOpticalFlowLK object, so I downloaded the entire directory at http://code.google.com/p/peoplevision/s-…-LAB/addons and merged it with my addons directory in openframeworks.

I included “ofxCvOpticalFlowLK.h” in my testApp.h and created an instance of the associated object in the same file. Went to compile, couldn’t find a bunch of stuff so I kept adding to the search directories until all those problems went away. Then I get this message in the build log:

-------------- Build: release in opencvExample ---------------

Linking console executable: bin\opencvExample.exe
mingw32-g++.exe: obj\release\addons\ofxOpenCv\libs\opencv\lib\win_cb\libcv.o: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: obj\release\addons\ofxOpenCv\libs\opencv\lib\win_cb\libcvaux.o: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: obj\release\addons\ofxOpenCv\libs\opencv\lib\win_cb\libcxcore.o: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: obj\release\addons\ofxOsc\libs\oscpack\lib\win_cb\oscpack.o: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: obj\release\addons\ofxTuioWrapper\oscpack\lib\linux\liboscpack.o: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: obj\release\addons\ofxTuioWrapper\oscpack\lib\osx\libOsc.o: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: obj\release\addons\ofxTuioWrapper\oscpack\lib\win32\oscpack.o: No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

All I can find is .a files with similar names, no .o files. I’m pretty stumped as I can go back and run other examples no problem, so I don’t think I’ve terminally ruined Code::Blocks too badly, just made a big mistake somewhere in this project.

All help gratefully received!

Stefan

Oh - a zip of my project directory can be found here in case it is of interest: http://drop.io/qh7oa34

Cheers

Stefan

I’m not great with codeblocks but it looks like there’s a bunch of
files the project is linking to that it shouldn’t be, ie the mac and Linux object files for osc. Maybe you have added too many directories in the linker or compiler settings??

Thanks Marek - on further investigation I realise you are right - loads of SLLs and similar with incorrect OS all getting bunged in there by the compiler. Started again, cleard up and all is much better.

:oops:

Cheers for your help!