Light in Camera Space vs. Global space

In the bottom of the doc for ofLight it says that you can choose whether to position your light relative to the camera position or globally independent of the camera position. I tried both and it seems that it is always positioned relative to the camera. How do I set up my light so it stays fixed even when I move the camera?

Both of these yield the same results:

light.enable();
    cam.begin();
    ofPushMatrix();
    animals.at(animalPos).draw();
    ofPopMatrix(); 
     cam.end();
    light.disable();

And

cam.begin();
       light.enable();   
        ofPushMatrix();
        animals.at(animalPos).draw();
        ofPopMatrix(); 
        light.disable();
         cam.end();

I am displaying a textured model loaded using ofxAssimp, I am using a point light, and I am on 0.9.0

that paragraph in the docs is wrong, the light always stays where it is since 0.8 and it’s not affected by the camera movement. the light should stay fixed in both cases, can you post a small video or images that show the problem you are describing?

Thanks for your quick reply! Here is a video of me adjusting ofEasyCam. The light position seems to be tied to the camera movement.

that’s correct, what you are moving is the camera not the object, the camera is orbiting around the object. Both the object and the light stay in place, you can see it cause the same face of the object is always lighten up. it’s perhaps easier to visualize if you draw the light too, to see how the light always stays in the same place relative to the object