libgl1-mesa-dev-lts-vivid dependencies can't be resolved

I’m trying to run the ubuntu/install_dependecies.sh script on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS but I run into a error from apt-get not being able to resolve dependecies for libgl1-mesa-dev-lts-vivid. I tried to install that package through ubuntu’s software center as well but get nearly the same output:

From Ubuntu Software Center:

Package dependencies cannot be resolved
This error could be caused by required additional software packages which are missing or not installable. Furthermore there could be a conflict between software packages which are not allowed to be installed at the same time.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

libgl1-mesa-dev-lts-vivid: Depends: mesa-common-dev-lts-vivid (= 10.5.9-2ubuntu1~trusty2) but 10.5.9-2ubuntu1~trusty2 is to be installed
Depends: libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-vivid (= 10.5.9-2ubuntu1~trusty2) but 10.5.9-2ubuntu1~trusty2 is to be installed
unity-control-center: Depends: libpulse-mainloop-glib0 (>= 1:0.99.1) but 1:4.0-0ubuntu11.1 is to be installed
Depends: libpulse0 (>= 1:0.99.1) but 1:4.0-0ubuntu11.1 is to be installed
Depends: libxi6 (>= 2:1.2.99.4) but 2:1.7.1.901-1ubuntu1.1 is to be installed

From apt-get in bash terminal:

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libgl1-mesa-dev-lts-vivid : Depends: mesa-common-dev-lts-vivid (= 10.5.9-2ubuntu1~trusty2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-vivid (= 10.5.9-2ubuntu1~trusty2) but it is not going to be installed
unity-control-center : Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libcheese7 (>= 3.0.1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

what do I need to do resolve these dependencies? I’ve run apt-get update and upgrade and tried to manually install each of the listed libraries.