OF COURSE (http://www.ofcn.io/) brings the frontier of new media that is openFrameworks and more back to the classroom this spring.
With a talented faculty of leading artists and coders working on some of the most ground breaking projects in creative coding, OF COURSE mandates the total proliferation of code-driven artistry through a collection of courses. Wake up and journey to the Nexus of Next-Gen Art, Media, and Technology
1 Intro to openFrameworks/C++
- March 6: Presents a brief introduction to writing code in c++, followed by an immersion into using OF
2 Live Coding Shaders
- March 13: Learn how to setup an openFrameworks project to live codeshaders in GLSL, and how to make them interactive
3 A Thousand Particles
- March 20: Making things move… by the hundreds and thousands. Applying the basics of physics and geometry to particle systems to observe emergent movements and behaviors.
- April 10: This workshop focuses on basics of p5.js for creative coding and
socket.io for synchronous communications.
6 Connection and Networking
- April 17: This class focuses on the communication between OF and different platforms, such as iPhone/iPad, VPT 7, Max/MSP, and even Arduino
7 Creative Wearable
- April 24: The course will introduce the basic knowledge of completing circuits, conductivity and resistance. Next the instructor will teach students how to embed circuits with conductive materials such as conductive thread, sewable LED and conductive fabrics. We certainly hope OF COURSE can help many more Creative coding hobbyists and lovers, and wish that you can helps us get the word out to your friends, to let more people know about us.