laser used as a sort of mouse for a PC

I’m a really beginner and I know very few thing about OF (and nothing about how to programming) :?:

Once you’ve dissected a color tracking app (like Laser Tag), the key is controlling the mouse. You say “PC”, so I assume Windows, in which case you want SendInput(). There’s an older version that might still work call mouse-event() that looks a bit easier. By default these use relative coordinates, but you can send a flag for using absolute values. If you’re on a Mac, I know Theo has synthesized keystrokes for controlling an emulator…

Thanks for the help!:smiley:
Everyday someone remind me something negative about Windows and its limitations…In this moment I really would have a Mac or use Linux but unfortunately my university are still too affectionate to PC and so if I want produce something useful for an exam there I must adapt me to to their needs…
However, If I have the possibility, I’ll try with a Mac and ask to Theo for this mouse emulator so I can spare many hours of work! :?

I think the easiest thing to do is to use a wiimote and remove the front filter and replace it for a red one (if you are using a red laser)
You can then download this http://www.uweschmidt.org/wiimote-whiteboard and voila, your laser would be the mouse on your screen

Do you mean the plastic lens on the front of the wiimote? Or are you talking about a software based filter? I have been using the wii-mote to control my mouse and it works OK but there are a few things I don’t like about it: It requires me to start Bluetooth manuall and press the buttons on the Wii-mote. Plressing the bottons means that I have to pick up the wii-mote and that means that I have to re-sync it too. I want it to be up and ready to use, just like a real mouse as soon as my windows system boots, but anyway, please asnswer the question above and if you are talking about a piece of red plastic over the front of the wii-mote could you suggest a supplier, or maybe of DIY article / video about how to replace thise “filter” safely.

Thanks.