Kinect driven virtual fitting room

Hi. For a current project am exploring use of a Kinect for a type of virtual fitting room where the user would see themselves wearing a virtual sweater, complete with realistic cloth simulation. Could anyone recommend either existing demos or addons I might uses as a starting point?

The skeleton detection shouldn’t be a big deal. The slick cloth simulation will be much trickier. Here is an addon that might be helpful:

But it is 6 years old (I’ve never tried it) and I think you might be much happier using the Unity game engine. They have a very developed cloth simulator and it is easy to use the Kinect with it (especially if you are on windows).

http://docs.unity3d.com/460/Documentation/Manual/class-InteractiveCloth.html

If you ever have trouble getting the skeleton info in whatever you use this is a helpful tool to know about:

This isn’t exactly what you are doing, but here is a fun puppeting drawing application made in OF

Also just an idea for the physical setup. It is easy to do with a oneway mirror and a monitor behind it. (You don’t actually need this particular TV glass). I was excited about this idea originally, but when I tried it out I was disappointed because weird things happen when this interacts with your eyes. AKA the virtual image optically doubles when you look at the mirror and vice versa.