Is ofxMobileKeyboard usable in OF0.10.0 on Android?

I’ve been trying to get ofxMobileKeyboard to work in OF0.10.0 on Android Studio 3.5 with no luck yet.

The example app that comes with ofxMobileKeyboard doesn’t seem to be recognized by Android Studio 3.5 as something that would build an app. The configuration editor gives no choices for a module. I have no idea what to do about that.

So I tried adding the code I could find in the example to my working Android Studio project. There is some Java code in OFActivity.java which is not linking. I don’t really understand what it expects. Apparently there is some magic about having the code match the project directory name (!?!?) but then I get:

error: constructor OFAndroid in class OFAndroid cannot be applied to given types;
required: no arguments
found: String,OFActivity
reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length

It seems to be trying to link to ofGetJavaOFAndroid() (through more name magic I don’t understand) and expects no parameters but the sample Java code wants two parameters:

ofApp = new OFAndroid(packageName,this);

and expects to link to a class that has methods found in ofApp, such as:

ofApp.pause();

But which don’t exist if you remove the parameters.

In other words, I have no idea how to get ofxMobileKeyboard to work or if it is still possible. It looks like it used to do exactly what I want, which is let me add native keyboard functions for both Android and iOS, but also like it was last known working with OF 0.8.4 five years ago…

Has anyone got this to work in 0.10.0?

Or would anyone be willing to help me figure out how to get it to build in 0.10.0?

Edit: Ok, after trying quite a few things to get it to work, I don’t think there’s any way I could without a much better understanding of several things. It looks like the method it’s trying to use has been deprecated and is no longer offered in OF, and depends not just on code but on who knows (not me!) what XML files, strings and file/folder names.