Is OF 9.8 compatible with Ubuntu 18.04 ? Solved (Answer = No)

Hi,
I’m trying to re-install / re-build an old project in OF 9.8, but I can not install.

After avoiding this error,
Error
E: Impossible de trouver le paquet libgl1-mesa-dev-hwe-18.04

I removed ${XTAG} in install_depencies.sh

PACKAGES="curl libjack-jackd2-0 libjack-jackd2-dev freeglut3-dev libasound2-dev libxmu-dev libxxf86vm-dev g++${CXX_VER} libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libraw1394-dev libudev-dev libdrm-dev libglew-dev libopenal-dev libsndfile-dev libfreeimage-dev libcairo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libssl-dev libpulse-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libgtk${GTK_VERSION}-dev  libopencv-dev libassimp-dev librtaudio-dev libboost-filesystem${BOOST_VER}-dev libgstreamer${GSTREAMER_VERSION}-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base${GSTREAMER_VERSION}-dev  ${GSTREAMER_FFMPEG} gstreamer${GSTREAMER_VERSION}-pulseaudio gstreamer${GSTREAMER_VERSION}-x gstreamer${GSTREAMER_VERSION}-plugins-bad gstreamer${GSTREAMER_VERSION}-alsa gstreamer${GSTREAMER_VERSION}-plugins-base gstreamer${GSTREAMER_VERSION}-plugins-good premake4"

after that, It seems to fail in poco compiling, I find some similar posts and issues but I did not solve and get this error in compiling OF.

HOST_OS=Linux
makefileCommon/config.shared.mk:217: *** This package doesn't support your platform, probably you downloaded the wrong package?.  Stop.

It seems @memo had same issue here but I don’t understand how to fix/change the env_variable.

Am I clear ? can someone help ?
Sebastien

This post seems to answer to me.

But I have to use OF 0.9.8 …

Which versions of Ubuntu is the last compatible ?

16.04 with all the updates stills runs good with 0.9.8.

Thou by now, porting an application to of 010 is more or less trivial.

Thanks for your quick reply.
I will think about porting, but I remember some porting operations which were less trivial than expected :wink:

Still OF 10.1 does not compile easily,
i used a nightly build and remove ${XTAG} for the libgl1-mesa-dev package in install_depencies.sh.
it seems that the specific linux version package does not exist anymore (see here more informations)