Is it possible to do ofSetBackgroundAuto() partially for different rotations?

I am trying to create two triangles such that one rotates with ofSetBackgroundAuto on and the other one rotates with ofSetBackgroundAuto off on the same window. Is this achievable?

Thanks,
Dali

Could you explain or illustrate the effect you’re going for? It’s a little difficult to understand what you’re trying to do …

Basically I have drawn two triangles. I want to rotate only one of the triangles with ofSetBackgroundAuto(true) and rotate the other one with ofSetBacground(false) so that I can have the rotation path of the second triangle to be filled with colours. I am new to openframeworks. Is there a way to achieve this effect on the same window?

Thanks,
Dali

Hm. Still not getting it … can you draw a picture?

Oh I should have mentioned that the center of the rotation is around the center of the screen, the triangle is drawn at the coordinate (2,3) (30,30) (2, 60). So that when I do rotate(ofgetmouseX()) the program will leave a track of triangles around the center of the screen.

you can use an fbo to draw something into it and not clear the background on every frame. if the first frame you clear it with alpha 0 the you’ll get a transparent texture with all the triangles you draw over time