iPhone XCode -> Makefiles

Hi,

I am trying to use a toolchain approach to get around buying a Mac and coding for iPhone.
My first programs ran well so I wanted to go a step further and try out of0.6
Problem is I am not too good in Makefiles writing is there a chance someone has Makefiles for the OF 0.6 iPhone release ?
I wanted to convert with a tool called PBTOMAKE but that fails to build on my Ubuntu 9.04 …
Still sort of new to Linux.
best,
Robert

hmmm got the utility pbtomake compiled and it runs but it doesn’t convert the XCode project, instead throws a lot of errors like this

** Fix this file and run again
** GROUP FILE REF [iPhone_Prefix.pch]
** GROUP FILE REF [ofAppBaseWindow.h]
** GROUP FILE REF [ofAppGlutWindow.cpp]
** GROUP FILE REF [ofAppGlutWindow.h]
** GROUP FILE REF [ofAppRunner.cpp]
** GROUP FILE REF [ofAppRunner.h]
** GROUP FILE REF [ofBaseApp.h]
** GROUP FILE REF [ofArduino.cpp]
** GROUP FILE REF [ofArduino.h]

hmm in their man it states that the XCode proj has to be prepared like relative paths and some other stuff, I don’t know if this is the case with OF.
Any ideas ?

mmmh, no idea, also googling a bit there doesn’t seem to be many documentation, but this looks interesting, please post if you get any further.

As a proof of concept I got of06 running under linux toolchain and directly compiling on the iPhone.
I still have some minor things not working but it seems to work good enough so far.
I hacked the makefile together myself, so it’s a big mess as I was lazy and put everything in one directory, nevertheless it should be possible to continue in the direction of using the toolchain on linux together with codeblocks, which could be nice to work with…

This is very interesting banschare, keep us posted :slight_smile:

That sounds interesting…could you post your progress and Makefile?

this is awesome, do lets us know of any developments.
[subscribe]

hi all,

for those who are interested in coding with open tool chain on linux or directly on the iPhone I suggest those two links first to start off, they help a lot …

script for compiling and downloading toolchain for linux, very helpful to do it manually you probably would go nuts if not a linux crack…anyway downloads and installing takes some hours, depending on network speed …
http://pimpmiphone.info/howto/install-o-…-buntu.html

and the even easier approach to develop directly on the iphone, so working with ssh form linux, mac or windows or whatever …
http://antirez.com/page/iphone-gcc-guide.html

I will try to put up a bundle of my experiment, I doubt it helps someone, as it is a quick sloppy tryout…and I still haven’t figured out why there’s a problem with font and images everything compiles and links well but wheter the stuff is not found or the data must be signed or I am clueless. and there is some weird conflicting thing with objc and c++ with a already declared data type which I hardcoded comment out compile and then comment in again after and compile the rest, so rather a banschare approach :wink:

best,
banschare