iPhone+OF Static Library missing?

Hi,

I used to copy the empty example project, rename it and them start my new project, but today I am experiencing this new error that never happens before, basically I get lost of missing stuff errors

[attachment=0:xalfavdh]missing-error.jpg[/attachment:xalfavdh]

I belive it has to do with the fact that in the copy-past-rename transition the link to the iPhone+OF Static Library (from iPhone+OF Lib.xcodeproj) has borken or gone missing, I have no idea how to fix that, any ideas will be much appreciated

This only happens with the new project, old projects are fine

Cheers
rS

Hi,

If you unfold that “openFrameworks” folder in your screenshot, you should see this:

If you don’t, or if that’s in red, then you need to add it to your project again manually. Location is: <of_v0061 folder>/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/iphone/iPhone+OF Lib.xcodeproj

As for why it used to work and is now not working… are you maybe creating your new projects at a different directory tree level compared to before? I’ve had no problems creating new projects at the same folder level as “emptyExample”, but as soon as I wanted to create a project one level higher, all my lib and header references were a folder level out and nothing worked anymore.

Well yes I check and it was red, I drag the file but them the target disappear, I manage to add the target but still lots of errors, so I got stuck there, will you be able to give me a step by step, on how to fix it will be much appreciated

I think it has to do with Xcode 3.2.3, it is a shame that since the update from 3.2.1 everything used to work, I used to do compile my projects to the simulator and the device in debug or release mode, iphone or ipad, everything used to work flawlessly until… the update.

Cheers
rS

Ok silly me, here I will explain in case someone else do the same as I did.

Because I rush to test something in ofxiPhone I copy and paste an emptyExample into my code/ directory rename the project open in xcode and got the error, now when I move the project folder inside another folder in my code/ directory like code/project/ all the linking problems disappear.

Thanks!
rS

:slight_smile: