iOS 8.1 — Semantic Errors on build

I’m getting some funny errors upon building apps for iOS 8.1, one new app and one pre-existing.

On the existing one (which was working as of iOS 8.0), I’m seeing:

Semantic Issue
Unknown class name ‘ofAppBaseGLESWindow’; did you mean ‘ofAppBaseWindow’?

Semantic Issue
Virtual function ‘getWindowMode’ has a different return type (‘ofWindowMode’) than the function it overrides (which has return type ‘int’)

This existing app has absolutely no addons. I’ve tried it with the iOS library from v0.8.4, the master branch on github, and with update 3 from this forum post and the code from this github issue.

The new app (which is using ofxPd, and which works when the same code is used in an OSX 0.8.4 project) is giving me these errors, on a rotating basis (they’re not always displayed at the same time):

Semantic Issue
Allocating an object of abstract class type ‘ofxiOSVideoGrabber’

Semantic Issue
Allocating an object of abstract class type ‘ofxiOSVideoPlayer’

and the two errors from above.

I guess I’m asking: am I doing something terribly wrong, or is there a compatibility issue with iOS 8.1?

Just an idea, try deleting: /Users/marsman/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/

Unfortunately, that did not work.

I redownloaded and replaced my 0.8.4 iOS folder and everything started working again, except the stupid orientation issues from the other thread popped back up, regardless of the fixes (but that’s not a problem for here).

Trying to run some examples, however, yields similar semantic issues as above (on both the github master and a current download), even though my apps are now working.

Also of note, I’m running Xcode 6.1 on OSX 10.10.

Hi, I get the same error and 22 other friends when trying to compile iOS libs from git, also on Xcode 6.1. and OS X 10.10:

openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/ios/…/…/…/…/addons/ofxiOS/src/video/ofxiOSVideoPlayer.h:30:21: error: virtual function ‘getPixels’ has a different return type (‘unsigned char *’) than the function it overrides (which has return type ‘ofPixels_ &’)

error: allocating an object of abstract class type ‘ofxiOSVideoGrabber’

Thx,

Mine actually just cleared up on its own :confused: I’m not sure why.

@marsman12019 Your error sounds like Xcode may have indexed OF improperly somehow, so there were bits of OF that it didn’t know about (ofAppBaseGLESWindow for instance). Not sure about that.

@cerkut Your error is probably being caused by a change in the ofPixels API (7 days ago as of this writing). Looks like the ofxiOSVideo things were missed when updating the API. You can checkout to a working version of OF with:

git checkout 2d4f32d14ef4294d5fc3fa03c0e4287c0a1f5c94

and switching back to master in a day or two once it’s been fixed.

Does anyone knows what basic setup are working properly?

@admsyn I did the checkout 2d4f32d14ef4294d5fc3fa03c0e4287c0a1f5c94.

I did that trick

https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/3178

And now I’m getting 17 errors!

ld: warning: ignoring file ../../../libs/FreeImage/lib/ios/freeimage.a, missing required architecture i386 in file ../../../libs/FreeImage/lib/ios/freeimage.a (2 slices)
ld: warning: ignoring file ../../../libs/glu/lib/ios/glu-ios.a, missing required architecture i386 in file ../../../libs/glu/lib/ios/glu-ios.a (2 slices)
Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
"ofFpsCounter::getNumFrames()", referenced from:
ofGetFrameNum() in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofEvents.o)
ofNotifyDraw() in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofEvents.o)
"ofFpsCounter::getLastFrameSecs()", referenced from:
ofGetLastFrameTime() in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofEvents.o)
"ofFpsCounter::getFps()", referenced from:
ofGetFrameRate() in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofEvents.o)
"ofFpsCounter::newFrame()", referenced from:
"ofFpsCounter::ofFpsCounter(double)", referenced from:
___cxx_global_var_init2 in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofEvents.o)
"ofBufferObject::updateData(long, long, void const*)", referenced from:
ofVbo::VertexAttribute::updateData(long, long, void const*) in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
ofVbo::IndexAttribute::updateData(long, long, void const*) in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
"ofBufferObject::setData(long, void const*, unsigned int)", referenced from:
ofVbo::VertexAttribute::setData(long, void const*, unsigned int) in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
ofVbo::IndexAttribute::setData(long, void const*, unsigned int) in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
"ofBufferObject::allocate()", referenced from:
ofVbo::VertexAttribute::allocate() in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
ofVbo::IndexAttribute::allocate() in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
"ofBufferObject::ofBufferObject()", referenced from:
ofVbo::VertexAttribute::VertexAttribute() in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
ofVbo::IndexAttribute::IndexAttribute() in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
"ofTimer::setPeriodicEvent(unsigned long long)", referenced from:
ofSetFrameRate(int) in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofEvents.o)
"ofTimer::waitNext()", referenced from:
"ofTimer::ofTimer()", referenced from:
___cxx_global_var_init1 in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofEvents.o)
"ofBufferObject::isAllocated() const", referenced from:
ofVbo::VertexAttribute::isAllocated() const in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
ofVbo::IndexAttribute::isAllocated() const in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
"ofBufferObject::bind(unsigned int) const", referenced from:
ofVbo::VertexAttribute::bind() const in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
ofVbo::IndexAttribute::bind() const in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
"ofBufferObject::getId() const", referenced from:
ofVbo::VertexAttribute::getId() const in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
ofVbo::IndexAttribute::getId() const in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
"ofBufferObject::unbind(unsigned int) const", referenced from:
ofVbo::VertexAttribute::unbind() const in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
ofVbo::IndexAttribute::unbind() const in libofxiOS_iphonesimulator_Debug.a(ofVbo.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I’m trying to use simulator with 0.8.4, with XCode 6.1 (6A1046a), with Yosemite OS X 10.10 (14A388a).
Since the OS X update, I can’t run the simulator any app or example.
And my currently developing app, are just running at iPad with 0.8.3

So, anyone have some basic setup to make it works?
Thanks in advance!

@admsyn Thanks, this checkout fixes the iOS compilation. Thanks also for #3344