Intel Perceptual Computing SDK workshop + hackathon in SF Bay Area

My company is helping Intel to host two workshops and hackathons using the new Intel Perceptual Computing SDK ( http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2013/04/05/introducing-the-intel-perceptual-computing-sdk-2013 ) It’s this combination of face tracking / speech recognition / close range depth camera APIs in one convenient package. The hackathon + two workshops are invite only as they are trying to have only developers of high quality attend. In the past they’ve had a lot of people skewed towards gaming / HTML but they really liked some quick generative art examples I made and asked me to reach out to people that do similar things… so here I am :slight_smile:

The SDK has really good c++ support for Cinder / Open Frameworks and there is support for Processing and Unity3D as well.

Intel will be having a $3,000 prize for the hackathon and giving away some ultra books as well. If you attend the workshop you should be able to get a free camera too ! ( yay free things ) . There’s also the Perceptual Computing Challenge which has several phases but Intel is giving away a total of $1,000,000 in prizes to entice developers to join.

Below are the dates of the workshop / hackathon:

The 1st workshop is on May 23rd in San Francisco at our offices @ Helios Interactive ( 7 - 10 PM)
the 2nd workshop is on June 13th in Santa Clara at Intel’s offices ( 7 - 10 PM )
the Hackathon is on June 21st and June 22nd in San Francisco at our offices @ Helios Interactive

You don’t need to participate in both/either workshops to attend the Hackathon but it is recommended. If anyone in the Bay Area and would like to participate or have any questions please drop me a line and I can get the entry fee waived for you.

Oh hello there, I would be interested in attending the second workshop. Do you think you could email me? wenpei.shih@gmail.com