Installation failing on ubuntu 18.04

Hi all!
I’m very new here, I hope I’m posting this in the right place.
I’ve been trying to install OF (of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release) from the download section on my ubuntu 18.04 machine.
I successfully installed the dependencies and codecs, but when I run the compiltaion script I get the following errors.

In file included from /path/to/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:212:0,
from /path/to/Programming/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworks/3d/ofNode.h:4,
from /path/to/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofLight.h:15,
from /path/to/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofLight.cpp:11:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12066:105: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)’
typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params);

I get a huge list of this kind of error for what I assume is all the .cpp and .h files in the library. The output ends with:

makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:238: recipe for target ‘/path/to/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofLight.o’ failed
make[1]: *** [/path/to/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofLight.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:238: recipe for target ‘/path/to/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofGLUtils.o’ failed
make[1]: *** [/path/to/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofGLUtils.o] Error 1
makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:238: recipe for target ‘/path/to/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o’ failed
make[1]: *** [/path/to/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofFbo.o] Error 1
makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:212: recipe for target ‘Debug’ failed
make: *** [Debug] Error 2
there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library
please report this problem in the forums

I couldn’t find anything similar searching these forums and the web, I would love to hear if you have any idea to what I can do.
Thanks a lot!

OK apparently I needed to use the nightly build :woman_facepalming:
Leaving this here for anyone who might stumble the same problem