Install of on linux, Gentoo. Manual Install?

Hi I’m trying to get of working in gentoo linux.
I’ve installed all dependencies via looking through the install dependencies scripts from other distributions.
I’m trying to get it work with codeblocks so I opened up the imageloader cbp project but couldn’t install.
I’ve had various messages (I’ve been trying to solve it for a while) but at the moment I’m getting - ld||cannot find -lopenFrameworksDebug| in the codeblocks debugger.

Any help would be appareciated

Oh I tried running the install_codeblocks802 fedora script with the fedora specific parts removed… Hoped I haven’t mucked up too much.
I don’t mind doing a manual install or anything like that.

Thanks very much,

Tim

i think you’re almost there : )

it seems you just need to compile the OF library. go to:

libs/openframeworksCompiled/projects/linux

and open the cbp and make both debug and release or from the command line:

make Debug

make Release

then the projects should compile fine

Thanks for the help,

Getting there slowly but surely…

I’m having to put -
pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10
in Project > Build options… > Compiler settings > Other options

as stated in this post - http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/gstreamer-issues,-ubuntu-9.04…/2206/18">http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/gstreamer-issues,-ubuntu-9.04…/2206/18]http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/gstreamer-issues,-ubuntu-9.04…/2206/18

otherwise it spits out errors with me. I tried imageLoader and it works!
However I then tried moviePlayerExample and got this error -
… /openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.cpp 913 undefined reference to `gst_element_set_state’

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you,

Tim

do you get a gstreamer… libraries not found when starting codeblocks? there’s some libraries that are linked through pkg-config, but should be in the project config. due to some problem with pkg-config dependences it fails and throws that error. in ubuntu it’s usually solved by instaling libdrm-dev

try installing the equivalent in gentoo, also to be sure you can do:

pkg-config --list-all

if the output ends with some library missing, install that.

if nothing of that works you can add the pkg-config manually as you’ve done already with gstreamer-0.10. The libraries that are included through pkg-config are:

gstreamer-0.10
gstreamer-video-0.1
gstreamer-base-0.10
libudev

and in some distributions like fedora people has need to add:

libavcodec
libavformat
libavutils

and better if you use pkg-config --cflags in the compiler options and --libs in the linker options

I wasn’t getting any errors in CodeBlocks or in pkg-config --list-all however I linked all the gstreamer and libudev libs in their relevant places in the build options and all seems to be working!

Thank you very much for your help. I can now start working with OF :D.
I’d like to post a howto for other gentoo people on the OF wiki or something like that when I’m able to.

Tim

I'd like to post a howto for other gentoo people on the OF wiki or something like that when I'm able to.  

that will be awesome, perhaps i can make an script fom it for next release

Hello,

First: I’m new o the forum, just using oF for the first “times” and its going great, kudos to all developers of oF.

Secondly (the reason of posting here): I do developing in Ubuntu and it works great, but now I’m porting an application to gentoo and I need to configure the environment to use oF.

[quote author=“arturo”]

I'd like to post a howto for other gentoo people on the OF wiki or something like that when I'm able to.  

that will be awesome, perhaps i can make an script fom it for next release[/quote]

Did this “how to” or “script” advance? Is it available?
I’m having issues with gstreamer (already installed and its moving forward) and now I had also a dependency with libudev - but I have no clue which is the related package.

Best regards,
Pedro