Inputbox for text

Hi,

Does exist in openframeworks a textbox input to receive text from the keyboard?

Thanks

Hi,

you can found some code in ofx TCP exemple (this is Console style input)

but if oyu need inputbox you will need the various Gui addons

you can found here :

http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/different-guis-for-openframeworks/4376/0

bye!

Thanks for your answer, but this gui’s does support textbox input, do you have an example?

ofxWidgets has a rudimentary textbox, it allows to move inside the text with the arrows and very imprecisely with the mouse, delete but no selection of text.

Arturo,

I’am triyng to compile the example of ofxWidgets and i am geting the next error:

/Users/sebastian/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0061_osxSL_FAT/apps/addonsExamples/tentacle/…/…/…/…/…/Downloads/arturoc-ofxWidgets-2cf9d1c/src/ofxWInputManager.cpp:11:0 /Users/sebastian/Desktop/of_preRelease_v0061_osxSL_FAT/apps/addonsExamples/tentacle/…/…/…/…/…/Downloads/arturoc-ofxWidgets-2cf9d1c/src/ofxWInputManager.cpp:11: error: ‘ofRegisterKeyEvents’ was not declared in this scope

Oh yes ive added some things lately and have been using the version on github so it wont work with 0061.

Arturo,

I still cant compile the ofxwidget, can you tell me what openframeworks version are you using from github, thanks.

Hi Arturo. I’m having the same error for this ofxWidgets add-on, "I receipt a message “program received signal sigabrt” for OSX. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Hi, old post but it has the same problem for me:

Running

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘Poco::SystemException’
what(): System exception
Program received signal: “SIGABRT”.
sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all

macbook pro, 10.6.2 , OF 007…

Any ideas??
arturo???

best,

miguel.

www.tangiblex.net

yes, there’s a problem with the static initialization of events, it’s been a long time since i don’t update this addon and probably wont do since there’s plans to make an official ofGui. If you want to look into it, the problem is with the event registering to the control panel in ofxWidget constructor.

Hi arturo,

great, thank you for the answer.
I already discovered where the problem was, and made my own version, but not i am using another gui.
Thank you anyway.

miguel.
www.tangiblex.net

[quote=“arturo, post:10, topic:4876”]
since there’s plans to make an official ofGui.[/quote]
first time I hear about this, sounds great! any details available?