incorporating supercollider inside an openframeworks app

Hello, i been experimenting controlling sound with sc with an openframeworks app via osc protocol, it works great , but my question is : how can i put supercollider inside an of app made by me? , and how can i do for opening supercollider in hidden mode with the patch when i run the openframeworks app? how can i do this?

and my last question is , is it legal to put sc inside of of? and give it for free to people?

thanks and bye

M.

Look up info on the SC server. You should be able to run the SC server and then pass a patch to it from your program using the /d_load command and passing it your filename. You could also use the /d_recv command to send commands to the SC server. The server usually just runs in the background. As far as I know there aren’t any problems with redistributing SC, given the license they’re using. I think the SC mailing lists might be a better place to ask about these things.

ok thanks, but how can i open an app from openframeworks? is there is a command for this?

In processing theres a command called open( ) that lets you open an app , is there something like this for openframeworks?

bye

In SuperCollider with the server version you start the server independently of the of app or do something like this w/in your OF application:

int res = system("/Applications/SuperCollider/sclang");
printf("trying to run sclang %i ", res);

The system() call allows you to start and stop applications and do other neat stuff. You’ll probably need to configure the sclang.sc config file and for more info on that check here: http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/635.

[quote author=“matias”]Hello, i been experimenting controlling sound with sc with an openframeworks app via osc protocol, it works great , but my question is : how can i put supercollider inside an of app made by me? , and how can i do for opening supercollider in hidden mode with the patch when i run the openframeworks app? how can i do this?

and my last question is , is it legal to put sc inside of of? and give it for free to people?

thanks and bye

M.[/quote]

I think it depends upon how you use it, maybe its legal. Well good luck to you.