Incorporating OF 0073 into Cocoa Project

Hello,

I started with a Cocoa project based on an iTunes Visualizer example and it seems easier to include OF in this project and not the other way around. I am trying to incorporate OF into the project. I have imported most of the libs successfully, but I keep getting this compiler error due to Cairo

Undefined symbols for architecture i386 referenced from cairo.a  

It is the lib that ships with OF and I checked that the lib is indeed i386. Any ideas as to why this would not compile?
I did not include fmod or the sound files from OF, but I can’t imagine this would be the issue.
I am using XCode 4.5.2 on OSX 10.8.2

I can just remove all Cairo references, but seemed like it would be faster to get the lib in there without having to go into the core.

Thanks
Nick

![](http://forum.openframeworks.cc/uploads/default/2665/Screen Shot 2012-11-21 at 10.10.35 AM.png)

I wonder if that project has as framework that is linking to a 64bit version of libpng

if you can compile the project without OF you may be able to probe the app with otool to see if libpng is referenced somewhere

for instance this prints the libraries used in iTunes

otool -L /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunes  

Thanks for the tips.
I was just trying to make a OF lib in an iTunes xcode project. It is most likely tied to me trying to re-create an OF app. I solved the problem by just removing Cairo altogether.
I also had to remove Quicktime, which makes sense since it was 32 bit, but I also had to remove ofQTKit due to not wanting to figure out why this line in ofQTKitMovieRenderer.h was throwing errors.

QTVisualContextRef _visualContext;  

Unknown type name 'QTVisualContextRef'  

Probably tied to Quicktime framework somehow. But I can always use the ofxQTKit addon since it worked independent of Quicktime.