Imogen Heap's Twitdress

I dunno if anyone saw the Grammys last weekend (does anyone care about the grammys?), Imogen Heap was wearing a ‘twitdress’, a dress that displayed tweets and pictures of what her fans were saying. Mortiz Waldemeyer built a flexible LED ribbon for her to wear, and i wrote software for an iPod touch which would collect all the tweets and photos off the net, and send the messages to a microprocessor controlling the LEDs. The ipod -> microprocessor communication was done via the headphone out of the iPod, i.e. the text message was encoded as an audio signal. Great fun and sounded like a good old fashioned modem. I’m gonna post the source as soon as I get a chance.

http://www.msavisuals.com/imogen-heap-t-…-ammys-2010

Congrats Memo! It was great to see it on the telly.

I saw the Grammys but didn’t realize you had a hand in the making of the Twitdress! Congrats! The interface for communicating over audio is a cool concept.

Memo does it again! :smiley: I must of missed this, but it’s really great to hear what/how you did it.

“The ipod -> microprocessor communication was done via the headphone out of the iPod, i.e. the text message was encoded as an audio signal.”

Sounds brilliant, would love to hear more about the mC & componentry.