iDisplay - An Undergraduate Project

Hi,

I’m starting this thread to let you know about my undergraduate project. It is called iDisplay. :slight_smile:

More infomation can be found here: http://www.soundofcode.com/idisplay

Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlLY0zic7u0

Really looking forward to know your comments and feedback.

Thanks!
Regards,
-Lahiru.

Wow, this is great.

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

this is great i really like the technique for finding the pinch gesture - looking for the hole in the contour, very clever :slight_smile:

[quote author=“vanderlin”]this is great i really like the technique for finding the pinch gesture - looking for the hole in the contour, very clever :slight_smile:

Sometimes it gives false blobs because the system identifies some contours disregarding their shape (circular, ellipse…). Hoping to improve the detection algorithm to detect only the ellipse-like-contours. :slight_smile:

Any help really appreciated!

Thanks again!

Fun :slight_smile: To find ellipse-like contours, here’s a simple “circle-metric”:

1 find the weighted average of points along the contour, weighted by the length of the line from the current point to the next point (to account for density)
2 find the average distance from the center to every point
3 get the sum of squared differences between each of these distances and the average

The more circle-y this is, the closer to 0 it will be. This doesn’t account for smoothness or ellipse-ness, which might be nice properties to watch for.

Zach taught me this trick. If you look at the ofxCvBlob there is area and length in there.

Cool! Thanks a lot for the replies!

I’ll check it out and keep posted. :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Can you post the source code ?

Thanks.

[quote author=“Peter_APIIT”]Can you post the source code ?

Thanks.[/quote]

First of all thanks a lot for checking out iDisplay. :slight_smile:

Please let me another few more weeks. I’ll be glad to share the source code.

Thanks!

Before sharing your source code, can you explain the idea of iDispaly ?

What kind of logic/idea/function or classes that you use so that i can do more research ?

I wait for your good news.

Thanks for your sincere help.

Please pm me when you reply.

Hi,

Could you please send me an email. I’ll reply you with all the details.

Having an exhibition these days, thr for getting late to come home. hehe.

Will reply really soon. :slight_smile:

Cheers!
-Lahiru.

I have sent your an email.

Thanks.