I cant use "Enttec DMX Usb Pro"

First, hello im new in OF and the forum.

Im trying to work with DMX in OF, and i have an “Enttec DMX Usb Pro”, but i cant get up it.
Using other software like “MiniStage” i can use, but this software uses a virtual com port. And the libraries in OF (im using Mac OS) works with the USB port, and they dont work for me.

Somebody can do something with this interfase ? Or know any code for work with ofSerial and DMX?

thank you !, greets from argentina.

Hi

I made an addon called ofxEnttecDmxUsbPro that quite a few people have been using.

I haven’t used on the mac though, but I know Andreas has. I’ll ask him to pop in here to say if anything else had to be done to get it to work, and will email you my files.

Best
Chris

I saw your library, i have it. But didnt work, because use libraries of window (like windows.h)
. And i need to work in Leopard. I compare with the normal library of DmxUsb bla bla, and i dont see diference when try to get up the interfase , i think that is a drivers problem.
I can getup the interfase over the serial port, but not usb, OF cant open the port, its that a privileges problem ?

sorry, but my english is so poor.

Hey

Here’s some code I’ve used on both mac and pc, originally hacked out of cppglue (http://www.ohloh.net/p/cppglue). I’ve found it to be very reliable. Hope it works for you!

cheers

Marek

dmxpro.zip

Hi Marek.

Do you have some sample code on how you used dmxpro.cpp ?
Thank you,
Stephan.