My project is going well and the interface is now finished but there is always a major issue to solve : the application freezes when trying to connect to an invalid IP address.
So i would like to put this connection in a dedicated thread. BUT : i think i can see how threads seems to work but i can’t evaluate how to implement it as i need to pass arguments to the thread and return arguments to the main thread.
In my class i have these usefull variables :
- bool connected // connected or not
- string ip_add // IP address of the target device
- int port // port of target device
- string rep // device response
- string command // command sent to the device
My synoptic is as follow :
- if not connected, try connecting to ip_addr:port
- if connected = false, print “connection error”
- else print “connected to ip_addr:port”
- send command to the device
- read device response
- close session
- return response rep
I tried to thread the connection trial but :
- i can’t manage to make it work !
- I don’t think it is sufficient. Should i put ALL network requests in thread ?!
I can post the entire code if needed, it would be great if someone can help me !
thanks a lot