how to splice and/or join video clips?

Hi,

thanks for the help in advance.

I am currently developing a multi-touch based, video analysis program (via openframeworks) for my master’s thesis. But I have hit a stumbling block, so I am wondering if someone can point me towards the right direction or give me helpful advices :smiley:

Hi soccerbud,

I am currently developing a multi-touch based, video analysis program (via openframeworks) for my master’s thesis.

Oh interesting. What are the aim of the video analysis program?

Right now, I am trying to splice a video file into two or more sub-video files, as well as trying to join two or more sub-video files into 1 combined video file.

To join two images to one I use some openCV functions. First you have to set a region in the large image and then copy a small one into it.
Here are a short simple example for a horizontal join:

IplImage*  largeCvImage;  
IplImage*  smallCvImage1;  
IplImage*  smallCvImage2;  
...// allocate ...  

// w*h must be the size of smallCvImage1 and smallCvImage2  
cvSetImageROI(largeCvImage,cvRect(0,0,w,h));  
cvCopy(smallCvImage1,largeCvImage);  

cvSetImageROI(largeCvImage,cvRect(w,0,w*2,h));  
cvCopy(smallCvImage2,largeCvImage);  

cvResetImageROI(largeCvImage);  

To get a video into two or more sub-videos I think its like the same way, but I did not test it.

,Seven

[quote author=“Seven”]Hi soccerbud,

I am currently developing a multi-touch based, video analysis program (via openframeworks) for my master’s thesis.

Oh interesting. What are the aim of the video analysis program?

Right now, I am trying to splice a video file into two or more sub-video files, as well as trying to join two or more sub-video files into 1 combined video file.

To join two images to one I use some openCV functions. First you have to set a region in the large image and then copy a small one into it.
Here are a short simple example for a horizontal join:

IplImage*  largeCvImage;  
IplImage*  smallCvImage1;  
IplImage*  smallCvImage2;  
...// allocate ...  

// w*h must be the size of smallCvImage1 and smallCvImage2  
cvSetImageROI(largeCvImage,cvRect(0,0,w,h));  
cvCopy(smallCvImage1,largeCvImage);  

cvSetImageROI(largeCvImage,cvRect(w,0,w*2,h));  
cvCopy(smallCvImage2,largeCvImage);  

cvResetImageROI(largeCvImage);  

To get a video into two or more sub-videos I think its like the same way, but I did not test it.

,Seven[/quote]

Thanks a bunch for the help! :slight_smile:

The goal of the video analysis project is to provide video ethnographers a more natural and efficient way of interacting with the videos that they want to analyze.

And we believe multi-touch display is the perfect interface to achieve the aforementioned goal.