How to incorporate other examples?

It seems that there is a process for adding extra libraries and “copying” folders around and renaming things. I’m wondering if someone could point me to doing just that… I hope I can keep everything cross platform since I switch between windows and mac often.

I have done projects with opencv and opengl, Irrlicht, Ogre, etc and combined things on my own but I want to give openframeworks a try after seeing memo.tv. I’m also wondering how I would test some of the code examples and libraries at memo.tv

Thanks again.

PS: So far I have managed to test a few things including the opencv basic example included with the openframeworks basic core. In short, I’m wondering what the “proper” process for expanding projects is.

This is actually the exact same thing i was wondering also. :slight_smile:

In VS2008 express i can build the included examples just fine but if i find examples online they don’t work due to errors. So i am wondering how do you build a project that just has the code? I keep getting this error -

ofaddons.h(21) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘ofxVectorMath.h’: No such file or directory

What i do is copy the empty project, rename it, add the downloaded source files to the src folder overwriting the main and test app files. Then i open the vcproj and in VS2008 right click src > Add > Existing Item and add any extra source code that is in the src folder.

Without the .vcproj included for things i download i don’t get how to use things as they give errors back so i am guessing i am doing it wrong.

So yeah i have basically the same question, if you find a OF example online or something like Memo MSALibs how do you correctly add and get this to build with Visual Studio Express 2008?

I don’t know about VS, but if this error occurs in codeblocks, you forgot to either add the needed addon source files (in that case addons/ofxVectorMath/src) to either the compiler search directories and/or project file tree. :slight_smile:

[quote author=“Hypercube”]
So yeah i have basically the same question, if you find a OF example online or something like Memo MSALibs how do you correctly add and get this to build with Visual Studio Express 2008?[/quote]

Go to Tools -> Options -> Project and Solutions -> VC++ Directories. Check if you have all the libs and include folders you need.

Also, open the properties of your project and go to Configuration Properties -> General -> Aditional Lib Directory. You must have the folders set to the correct location (that´s the reason everybody asks to set these to local and not to global OS addresses).

Under Linker, check Input too. All the .libs you need must be included on Aditional Dependencies.