How to do addons etc

Hello all!

I’m lost. First of all, how do I work with the addons? I’m using Xcode, and I’m not used to big IDE’s from before. So, say I would like to use the ofxSndObj addon. Do I start from the empty example, copy that, give it a new name, and then add all the header files into my new project? When I add the new files, do I just add them anywhere inside my project, or do they have to reside somewhere special? I think the wiki tut on this is outdated, since the libs now are compiled? If anyone can point me in the right direction to a tutorial on using the ofxSndObj (or something similar) that can deal with sound files, and do things like pitch, echo, bitcrush, lo-pass, hi-pass, etc. I’m new to working with sound in general, so as basic as possible would be nice. Any hints?

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Knut Einar

You can add a file called “addons.make” to your project. Simply put the names of the addons you want to use in this file. It’s explained in the makefile. No need to copy any source files.

You can add a file called “addons.make” to your project. Simply put the names of the addons you want to use in this file. It’s explained in the makefile. No need to copy any source files.

that’s only in linux, for xcode you need to drag and drop the addon folder from finder to the project in xcode. if there’s any example in the addon, be sure to remove it from xcode. that should work, but haven’t really used ofxSndObject in osx before.

[quote author=“arturo”]

that’s only in linux, for xcode you need to drag and drop the addon folder from finder to the project in xcode. if there’s any example in the addon, be sure to remove it from xcode. that should work, but haven’t really used ofxSndObject in osx before.[/quote]

Thanks guys. So it is recommended to just drag and drop the whole folder in Finder. Good to know. Will I then have to do something else in Xcode with those files, or will they be located ‘automatically’ since they are relatively in their correct place now?

Cheers! :slight_smile:

that’s only in linux, for xcode you need to drag and drop the addon folder from finder to the project in xcode.

Ah, obviously I’m not a Mac user. So makefiles can’t be used with xcode?