How to cut the characters in a real-time video?

Hi all,
Are there any technology to cut the characters in a real-time video? Cut out the characters, and the other things left.

By color detecting? Or thermal imaging?
:?: :?:

you could do it with color detecting and a for the most part static background. I think it’s been done in the past, although not in real-time (although i dont see why you couldnt do it in real-time), by essentially having the characters wearing blue fabric and then just detecting that color and not drawing it (instead drawing the data from the same pixel position in the previous frame.

essentially like putting the bluescreen on a person.

[quote author=“zach_gage”]you could do it with color detecting and a for the most part static background. I think it’s been done in the past, although not in real-time (although i dont see why you couldnt do it in real-time), by essentially having the characters wearing blue fabric and then just detecting that color and not drawing it (instead drawing the data from the same pixel position in the previous frame.

essentially like putting the bluescreen on a person.[/quote]

thanks!
Maybe i did not say clear.
Actually i don’t want the people to discover…So the people would wear kinds of color…