How to compile using emscripten on VS2015 and which compiler have I to use?

Hi !
I tried to compile with emscripten the 3DPrimitiveExample as explained in this document
http://openframeworks.cc/setup/emscripten/
But I’m not really sure about which compiler I have to use in my case ? ( Windows )
I’ve set the command make reffers to the GNUWin32 Compiler but when I launch

emmake make

I’ve got this answer :
—> make : *** no targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
Maybe Im not using the correct compiler to solve it ? Am i supposed to use minGW ?
Thanks for your support !

the emscripten version of openFrameworks is not working yet on windows only in linux and osx

Hi Arturo !
It was what i was expecting . nevermind , i will compile it on linux .
Emscripten is great !
Bye

Hi there!

Is the emscripten version is still not working in OF now? If its not, then is it possible to be implemented on windows? If its possible then I want to give it a try…

Thanks!

hi Arturo, I have been trying various versions of emscripten on linux (of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release). The latest emscription release 2.04 runs its tests fine within the emscripten folders. However it throws errors when I run “emmake make” in the OF examples.

Looking back to similar issue in Sep 19, it seems ver 1.38.9 was recommended as working at the time

I have also tried installing/activating the ver1.38.9, without success. In this latter case I initially get warnings similar to:
warning: unresolved symbol: _ZNKSt3__212basic_stringIcNS_11char_traitsIcEENS_9allocatorIcEEE5rfindEcm
warning: unresolved symbol: _ZNKSt3__212basic_stringIcNS_11char_traitsIcEENS_9allocatorIcEEE7compareEmmPKcm

Then an error:
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py”, line 52, in copyfileobj
fdst.write(buf)
IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

Can you please advise what version of emscripten I should be using, or anything else I can try to troubleshoot the issues?

Thanks and kind regards
micheal

From your error it would seem like you are running out of space

Yes, I did check the space. I am running OF and emsdk on a Debian server. I seem to have plenty of space remaining. I am now checking through various other versions of emscripten. This space error is only arising for ver1.38.9.

The last version of emscripten I have tried is ver 1.37.5, and it throws the following error:

DEBUG:root:saving intermediate processing steps to /home/cilldara/repos/emsdk/tmp/emscripten_temp
DEBUG:root:(not saving intermediate /home/cilldara/repos/emsdk/tmp/emscripten_temp/emcc-0-basebc.bc because deferring linking)
DEBUG:root:emcc: LLVM opts: -strip-debug -disable-verify -internalize -internalize-public-api-list=main,malloc,free,__errno_location,fflush,__cxa_can_catch,__cxa_is_pointer_type,malloc,free,malloc,free,malloc,free -globaldce -disable-loop-vectorization -disable-slp-vectorization -vectorize-loops=false -vectorize-slp=false -vectorize-slp-aggressive=false [num inputs: 40]
error: Invalid value (Producer: ‘LLVM6.0.1’ Reader: ‘LLVM 3.9.0’)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/cilldara/repos/emsdk/emscripten/1.37.5/em++”, line 16, in
emcc.run()
File “/home/cilldara/repos/emsdk/emscripten/1.37.5/emcc.py”, line 1637, in run
final = shared.Building.llvm_opt(final, link_opts, DEFAULT_FINAL)
File “/home/cilldara/repos/emsdk/emscripten/1.37.5/tools/shared.py”, line 1838, in llvm_opt
assert os.path.exists(target), 'Failed to run llvm optimizations: ’ + output
AssertionError: Failed to run llvm optimizations:
/home/cilldara/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:403: recipe for target ‘bin/parameterEdgeCasesExample.html’ failed
make[1]: *** [bin/parameterEdgeCasesExample.html] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/cilldara/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/examples/gui/parameterEdgeCasesExample’

I’ll continue check other versions of emscripten. Grateful if anyone can advise whether there is a version that is known and recommended to work with the OF release I have downloaded today from https://openframeworks.cc/versions/v0.11.0/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release.tar.gz

Thanks