Here's how to build project generator (command line app) on OSX (should be same in win, linux I guess)
You can automatically generate all project files recursively inside of example directory, or single project as well.
1. clone projectGenerator repo (https://github.com/openframeworks/projectGenerator)
2. Open terminal.app and execute following command
3. cd projectGenerator
5. wait for download and compile
6. You will see new "openFrameworks" folder is created. And projectGenerator folder moved inside of openFrameworks/app/projectGenerator.
7. Now you have command line app at openFrameworks/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine/bin/projectGenerator
8. execute projectGenerator app from terminal and see how to use it.
NOTICE : newly created openFrameworks directory is release version. You can delete this in case if you want to work with master branch etc.
Here is copy and paste.
projectGenerator [options] pathName
if pathName exists, project is updated
if pathName doesn't exist, project is created
(pathName must follow options, which can come in any order)
--help Print usage and exit.
--recursive, -r update recursively (applies only to update)
--listtemplates, -l list templates available for the specified or current
--platforms, -p platform list (such as osx, ios, winvs)
--addons, -a addon list (such as ofxOpenCv, ofxGui, ofxXmlSettings)
--ofPath, -o path to openframeworks (relative or absolute). This
must be set, or you can also alternatively use an
environment variable PG_OF_PATH and if this isn't set, it
will use that value instead
--verbose, -v run verbose
--template, -t project template
--dryrun, -d dry run, don't change files
projectGenerator -o"../../../../" ../../../../apps/myApps/newExample
(create a project called newExample using a relative path for the OF root and the project. note the relative path may be different depending on where this app is located)
projectGenerator -r -o"../../../../" ../../../../examples
(recursively update the examples folder)
projectGenerator -o"../../../../" -a"ofxXmlSettings, ofxOpenCv" ../../../../apps/myApps/newExample
(create / update an example with addons)