How to build on Qt designer?

I followed the guide on the install page and installed oF (qt, msys2). In the mingw terminal examples compile just fine, however I can’t get qt designer to work. It has the “build” option grayed out and says that I have no files in my project even though I used the wizard to create a blank project and that very same blank project does compile under the mingw shell.

What am I doing wrong?
(Win 10, tried oF 0.9.8 and 0.10.0)

do you get any errors in the issues section? you can select it in the bottom left

No. That section is completely blank. @arturo

there seems to be a message in the top that is hidden below the menu in your previous post, can you post a screenshot of the whole qt creator window?

There’s the full window.

Hi,

I’ve got the same problem.
Qt Creator 4.6 - OF 0.10.0 RC4 - Windows 7

A solution is to close the project and open it again. Then I have this

and just click the “configure” button solve the problem.

Thanks @lilive, it does do some good however now I get more errors :frowning:

How can I fix those?

@Bestija what version of qtcreator are you using?

4.6.0 but I also tried with an older version with no success.

have you run the install_dependencies script and set the path as explained in the setup guide? if so can you try to delete this line:

log.error("couldn't find gnu find, returning find, you probably need to set a correct path");

in libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/qtcreator/modules/of/helpers.js

Have you completely set up your build environment? You mention msys2 but I didn’t see you also say MinGW (or other compiler like cmake)

see the following examples:

note, you don’t have to have the same setup as me, but the idea is you at least want to have something in the compiler fields.