How to achieve the playing of a video whitch has a transparent channel?

hello,everyone!How to achieve the playing of a video whitch has a transparent channel?Thanks!

Relatively few video codecs support an alpha channel, off the top of my head I can only think of Apple’s ProRes 4444. One workaround is to use a sidecar grayscale video that is time-synced and piped into a shader and used as the alpha channel…

If you use apples Animation codec with ofVideoPlayer you can call ofEnableAlphaBlending and display alpha channels

thank you,I have used the sequence of images to solve this problem temporarily.

thank you,I have tried to call ofEnableAlphaBlending,but it doesn’t work.

Good deal, as long as your disk reads are quick, an image sequence should be totally doable. Someone over on the Cinder Forum was working on a sequence-based soft codec a little while ago, but I can’t seem to find the link for you. Also, the HAP Alpha QuickTime codec also supports alpha…

Ah yeah, sorry I remember now, make sure you set the pixel format in your setup to support alpha BEFORE you load the file. ie:

video.setPixelFormat(OF_PIXELS_RGBA);
video.loadMovie(“clip.mov”);

I have tried,but it says:[ofQuickTimePlayer:warning]requested pixel format not supported

what SDK are your targeting (and what version of OSX are you on) ?

base sdk will look like this, except say (10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc):

I’m working on win7 system, and use Visual Studio 2010, I think this may be the reason.Thank you!