hi everyone !
Is there any place where i can find some kind of tutorial explaining how to use OF 0.06 with Visual studio 2008 express ? The only thing i found is the setup guide but it doesn’t tell me how to open/use/program with OF…
I’ve installed VS 2008 express but when I try to open an example , I get a wonderful error msg : the project type is not supported by this version of the application …
I’m surely missing something somewhere :roll:
You could do what I did and use Code::Blocks instead. You can download it here:
Download OF for Code::Blocks with the FAT addons And make sure you follow the directions in the readme file. Then it is very easy to get things going.
it work well with codeblock
i’ve also buyed the new OReilly book : Programming Interactivity written by Joshua Noble. it seems good for a beginner like me
I found that with CodeBlocks OR VS (2008 in my case) makes not much difference so far… my biggest issue is that you have to manually add sub directories to your build directories which is an unbelievable pain! if anybody knows a better, more automated way, please let me know.
For those of you just getting started with VS2008:
1. use the emtpyExample (located under ‘your of folder’ -> examples)
2. to use addons: go to “Project -> ‘Your project’ Properties” (or ALT + F7)
3. go to “Configuration Properties”,
from the drop down: “C/C++”,
from the drop down: “General” and in the tab click on “Additional Include Directories”
4. add all the addons you like to include in your project by navigating to their src AND lib (if they exist) folder
*as far as I know VS2008 does not include subfolders, so you have to do that manually!
5. create a new folder in your project, label it “addons” or whatever suits you and copy all your addons used to that folder
6. in VS2008, create a new filter (which is a folder):
- right click on your project -> Add -> New Filter
- label it 'Addons" or whatever you like
- optional you can create subfilters in this one for each addon you will include.
- now drag all .cpp files of each addon in this filter
*this will make sure that VS2008 will compile these files and not just the headers we added in step 4
Hope this helps!
[quote author=“grimus”]If you’re using codeblocks there’s both a plugin and a wizard that can automate the creation of new projects…
see these links for windows + OSX:
True! I have used it and it works but I need to use VS unfortunately.
*EDIT* the wizard works for me but I cannot get the plugin to work.