how do i compile an example into a stand alone application?

hi. New to linux. I just need a liitle help creating a stand alone application. I tried using the terminal and used make command. Then i tried running the “./clickTo LaunchApp_Release.sh” but it gives me an error:

./networkTcpClientExample: error while loading shared libraries: …/…/…/libs/fmodex/lib/linux/libfmodexp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

if anyone have any suggestions they will be much appreciated, ty.

hmmm, not sure why it’s doing that but I think the makefile in that example is wrong.
I just tried it and got the same result as you. I fixed this by copying the makefile from the advancedGraphicsExample into the networkTcpClientExample folder. Type “make clean” and then “make” again and it should work.

Alternatively on linux you can install codeblocks and use that to compile. See the instructions in the documentation on how to do this…

thank you very much that worked!!!

Hello,

seems that all makefiles in the addonsExamples have the same problem,

comparing one makefile of a example with a makefile of the addonsexample folder, the differences are:

diff makefile ../../addonsExamples/opencvExample/makefile                                                  microePC   
55,56c55,56  
< LIB_STATIC = $(shell ls ../../../libs/*/lib/$(LIBSPATH)/*.a | grep -v openFrameworksCompiled | sed "s/.*\\/lib\([^/]*\)\.a/-l\1/")  
< LIB_SHARED = $(shell ls ../../../libs/*/lib/$(LIBSPATH)/*.so | grep -v openFrameworksCompiled| sed "s/.*\\/lib\([^/]*\)\.so/-l\1/")  
---  
> LIB_STATIC = $(shell ls ../../../libs/*/lib/$(LIBSPATH)/*.a | grep -v openFrameworksCompiled)  
> LIB_SHARED = $(shell ls ../../../libs/*/lib/$(LIBSPATH)/*.so | grep -v openFrameworksCompiled)  
58,59c58  
< #LIB_PATHS_FLAGS = -L../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/$(LIBSPATH)  
< LIB_PATHS_FLAGS = $(shell ls -d ../../../libs/*/lib/$(LIBSPATH) | sed "s/\(\.*\)/-L\1/")  
---  
> LIB_PATHS_FLAGS = -L../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/$(LIBSPATH)  

The error running the binary generated for the opencvExample project is:

./opencvExample: error while loading shared libraries: ../../../libs/fmodex/lib/linux/libfmodexp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory  

But building it with codeblocks, run perfectly.

b