I feel embarrased about having to ask this, but…
After updating XCode I’m stuck because QuickTime is no longer there. After reading through some of the issues and pull requests I see that a tentative fix has been merged into the 0.9.4 branch.
Here’s the question that makes me feel dumb: how do I build absolutely from scratch? That is, I’ve just checked out a brand new copy from github and said ‘git checkout 0.9.4’. How do I get from here to a point where there are .xcodeproj files in all the example directories, projectGenerator-osx exists, and I can put my own app in apps/myApps?
@spacefolder - actually don’t feel embarrassed its not actually super clear how to generate the projects for the git repo.
- Once you have the branch you want to work with, add the project generator folder from the latest OF release to the root of the OF repo.
- Then run the project generator.
- Hit the cog wheel on the right of the PG and select advanced options.
- Then select the update multiple tab, put in the path to the examples folder in the current OF repo folder.
- Make sure Xcode is selected in the platforms field below.
- Hit update multiple and wait
- Once the success message appears you should be good to go.
Also updated the ReadMe in the Git Repo to make it a bit clearer how to do this.