How can this be made?

Is this effect made by computing visual effect or is there any easier way like using AfterEffects?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

hey @ya_,
not the same, but maybe a nice starting point,
you can check this addon from @pierre_tardif00:

and maybe:

I have a bit cleaned (readme file and some helpers to use presets) fork of ofxShaderGlitch:

2 Likes

ya_

1m

Yes this randomness seems like glitch… long way for me so I’ll take another way! and thank you for the suggests. I’ll check and study next time. Thanks anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

About making glitch effects.

This winter i am working on a live coding system for visuals. The display server is based on openFrameworks. For live editing Clojure used. The purpose of the system is to mix generative code fragments with different inputs channels.

You can find some videos here:

https://vimeo.com/user119558788

Yet the source code is not stable and my be hard to use. Need some weeks to build a stable system.

Now i started a description and published a subset of the system here:

https://gitlab.com/metagrowing/ana

2 Likes

Hi @ya_
I think it is totally possible to do using OF. I would try finding edges in the image, either by some CV method (as canny edge) or using some segmentation method via ML (check RunwayML and ofxRunway. Probably the latter will give you better results with isolating persons only, yet a mixed approach might work the best, where you refine the edges found via ML with the ones you get using CV.
From there isolate the edges on the side you want to generate lines (it could be done simply by taking each point of the edge, move it one pixel in the direction you want to generate the lines and checking if it falls inside or outside the shape of the person. if it is inside discard.
Then produce this new “glitch” line from the remaining edge points. Probably it is a good idea to use some sort of CV tracking for each point so it remains “attached” to the original point as the subjects move.
hope this helps

2 Likes

Wow this is super cool :slight_smile: I also visited your vimeo site and gitlab I’m definitely looking forward to trying these codes… My last OF use is five years ago though…:thought_balloon:I’ll try! Thanks a lot!

Hi! I’m still a novice so I’ll try searching your words and that helps me a lot abundant hints :bulb: ! Thank you for the reply!

What i published yet is a reduced but more stable subset of “analog Not analog” used in my graphical live coding experiments.

You can test it on a virtual or physical PC. For the first test it’s not necessary to use high end hardware & software as I. It runs inside Virtual Box, but with a significant slower frame rate under virtualization.

aNa_on_virtual_box

It is not easy to get this mixture of C++ and Clojure to work.
Please contact me if you encounter any errors during the installation.

I will use the next weeks to integrate more of my code into aNa.

1 Like