High Resolution Capable OSX causes really small window inside opengl window

I’m trying to figure out how to create an openframeworks project in where every coded pixel is one actual pixel on the screen.

I came pretty far following up the sugestion in the last post of this topic: OpenFrameworks app display in Macbook Pro with Retina display

Open your project plist (usually openFrameworks-Info.plist)
Right-click on an empty area and select ‘Add Row’
Type ‘High Resolution Capable’ in key column (You will then get an autocomplete list of possible properties) and set to ‘YES’ in value column (this will be a boolean type by default)
Compile and Run

Which does indeed draw stuff at the highest resolution possible but now I have a really small window in the bottom left corner inside the actual opengl window in which everything is drawn. I’ve spent some time trying to get that small window inside the main window as big as the main window without succes.

Any tips on how to fix this?

1 Like

Here is a screenshot of the problem. No matter what multiplication I do with the sizes calculated by the app the window everything is displayed in stays that small:

This looks like openFrameworks is still creating the main framebuffer with the old resolution. You should post this as github issue. I am not sure where in the code the initial framebuffer is setup

Wierd I ran these lines

int w,h;
glfwGetFramebufferSize(ofAppGLFWWindow::windowP, &w, &h);
ofLog() << w << " " << h;

and the framebuffer width and height were updated to retina display;

in your draw function,before you draw you could call this line

glViewport(0,0,2048,1536);

but then all the vertices are specified like non retina, so i am pretty sure the that is just scaling going on;

I am not updated to the latest openframeworks on github so I am not sure if this is an issue with the latest version.

I am submitting a PR for this issue.
I need a little help testing it though.

Thanks!