Hi

Hi openFrameworks freaks,

I’m Peter Uithoven and I’m a Interaction Design student on the Hogeschool van de kunsten in Utrecht.
I have done one project so far using openFrameworks; The Norbits and the ride to the gadget conference. You can read more about this (in dutch) on the following blog.
http://bojhan.com/ride.
In this project we enabled the user to help the virtual Norbits across several virtual trails, using physical objects. The most simple example is laying a ruler across water so the norbits could cross the water using the ruler. A less simple example is distracting a bunch of enemies by putting down a female doll.
The goal was to learn people to think differently about objects, by using them in this small, weird world.
We used openFrameworks to identify objects and read out how they where positioned.
Have a look at a short movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwRz1hjtv7Q
(We are still working on a better movie)

At the moment we are just starting a new project where we are going to create another kind of physical installation. Something that adds something to a existing location. Yeah, still very abstract :wink:
So, I hope I can use you guys knowledge and experience a little bit to create whatever we are going to come up with.

Great work on the documentation by the way, that will help us a great deal.

Hey,

Good to have you onboard!

Hello Friends, I’m Newbie
My name is Patience. and I’d just like to say hi to everyone. As everybody knows that nowadays forums are the best source of Knowledge, and through forums we can learn a lot. When I heard of the community I thought it would be wonderful to expand to a new community, meet like minded people and share thoughts and services with fellow members.I am sure there’s a lot of interesting topics and discussions happening on this forum and wanted to check it out.I was looking for a new forum to join and the higher powers of Google has brought me here!
I look forward to meeting you all anad wish you the best of success.