Help with getting Eyewriter 2.0 code to work

For the past month or so I have been trying to get the source code for Eyewriter 2.0 (Github repo here: https://github.com/eyewriter/eyewriter) to work, but I’ve been having lots of (admittedly noobish) compilation issues. My oF / C++ skills are not stellar, so I think the majority of my problems come from not understanding how to set the IDE up properly.

So here’s what I’m working with: Win7 64-bit machine running Codeblocks 10.05 and oF 0061. I’d *really* like to upgrade the source code to work with the newest oF version (0074?), but I’ll settle for just getting it to work at all.

I first cloned the Github repo and copied the main code folder into my oF apps folder, then opened the CBP file using Codeblocks. At first it couldn’t find any of the addons, so I had to manually add every single folder to the Build options > Search directories one at a time (please tell me there is a better way of doing this :|).

Then I was getting issues relating to some strange experimental camera stuff, which Zach advised me to just delete.

Now I’m getting a few errors that seem pretty much identical, that read as following:

src\eyePlotterTestApp\gui\buttonRect.h|14|error: redefinition of 'class buttonRect'|  
src\utils\buttons\buttonRect.h|14|error: previous definition of 'class buttonRect'|  

Weirdly, I can’t find either of these files in the file structure on the left side of the IDE.

When I click these errors I am taken to the files, and I can see that they are just about identical, but clearly are separate files.

What is the remedy for this problem?

it sounds like there is duplicate code somewhere – can you comment out one of the h files and see what happens? I’m taking a look at the repo and going to see where the duplication is.

I just commented out the entire contents of “src\eyePlotterTestApp\gui\buttonRect.h”, and am now getting a very similar error, just 17 times :stuck_out_tongue:

..\..\..\addons\ofxVectorMath\src\ofxPoint2f.h|15|warning: #warning "ofxPoint2f is deprecated, use ofxVec2f.h for both points and vectors"|  
src\utils\buttons\buttonTrigger.h|13|error: redefinition of 'class buttonTrigger'|  
src\utils\buttons\buttonTrigger.h|13|error: previous definition of 'class buttonTrigger'|  
src\utils\buttons\buttonTrigger.h|13|error: redefinition of 'class buttonTrigger'|  
src\utils\buttons\buttonTrigger.h|13|error: previous definition of 'class buttonTrigger'|  
src\eyePlotterTestApp\scenes\styleScene.h|85|error: 'colorPicker' does not name a type|  
||=== Build finished: 17 errors, 1 warnings ===|  

When I comment out the entire contents of src/utils/buttons/buttonTrigger.h, I get 50 more errors all saying that buttonTrigger does not refer to a type.

as I said by email earlier, I’ll take a look at the code and see why it’s not compiling on windows… I appears there’s duplicate code in a few places.

Haha, derp. My bad, just getting excited from tinkering. I just don’t want to offload a bunch work to you. If it turns out to be more than you have time for, I can try starting with an empty project and adding small parts of the original project in one by one. Just let me know if there’s anything I can do!

Hi @h4t, I saw your code for EyeWriter 2.1. I’m new to Codeblocks (and OF) and have been trying to make your code work on Linux, but have been unsuccessful. Could you please help me out a bit?

Right now, when I open up the RemoteEyeTracker.workspace file, I get this error:

Unable to open ../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/win_cb/openFrameworksLib.cbp

I’m using CodeBlocks 12.11 with OpenFrameworks 0.7.4 for Linux (32-bit). Thanks!

quickly, the codeblocks file is for windows, not for linux. I’m not sure if there’s a linux version of the project files for this version of the eyewriter.

Right now the source code for Eyewriter 2.1 is exactly the same as from Eyewriter 2.0. I haven’t been able to do much with it due to lack of time and inexperience with OF myself. Been focusing much more on the hardware system, but will be looking at the software next spring. However, I will only be planning to update the GUI a bit and add some shortcuts and usability features, not so much platform-dependent things.

One person I talked with via e-mail said he was able to get the Eyewriter 2.0 source code to work on his Mac using a Windows virtual machine. However, OF seems to most heavily used by Mac people, and somewhat by Windows people, but not as much by Linux.

Sir
I am new to openframeworks. i am the B.Tech CSE final year student at Kashmir University. some weeks ago i took eyewriter 2.0 as my project. I started working on it. I am using windows 7. I downloaded the latest version (13.2) of codeblocks and also the latest openframeworks. i also downloaded codeblocks additions and placed them in the required directories of codeblocks. I placed eyewriter-remoteEyetracker in openframeworks apps folder. when i opened remoteeyetracker.workspace file in codeblocks. codeblocks replied "unable to open …\openframeworkscompiled\project\win_cb\openframeworksLib.cbp
Please tell me sir, What should i do from here sir???

hi i am having problem with tesselator.h file it says no file or directory please help me.

aoa! m also working it.if sort out al the problems than let me know

How much work u have done till now?

just trying to compile the code but no success at all… have you compiled the code on this version or not? it would be a great help zach if you please update it …

just use openframeworks version 0.061 and code blocks 12.11…

I will take a look at updating the code to 0.8 OF. It’s a gnarly project written by alot of people many years ago so in some ways it’s a bit hard to maintain. The drawing code and UI code in particular is tricky. Give me a few days and I thought have code updates and binaries for you.

(also, please do consider using the issues on github https://github.com/eyewriter/eyewriter/issues – it’s easier to track over there)

Thank You sir…
You are awesome. I salute you sir.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=f966c677a7c86219&sc=documents&id=F966C677A7C86219!103 this is the compiled version of eyewriter try it …

u checked it…?
is it working?

yup compiled version is working fine… to compile the project u need to link some files to project tree. location of these files is available in .depend file…enjoy … :smile: