help troubleshooting ofxKinect in CodeBlocks on Windows?

I’m trying to run the ofTheo/ofxKinect package in CodeBlocks in Windows. I think I’ve included everything I need, but I’m getting this when I build and run:

||=== emptyExample, release ===|  
||Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:LIBCMT ' unrecognized|  
||Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:OLDNAMES ' unrecognized|  
||Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:uuid.lib ' unrecognized|  
||Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:uuid.lib ' unrecognized|  
||Warning: .drectve `/DEFAULTLIB:"LIBCMT" /DEFAULTLIB:"OLDNAMES" ' unrecognized|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp|| undefined reference to `ofxKinect::init(bool, bool, bool)'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp|| undefined reference to `ofxKinect::setVerbose(bool)'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp|| undefined reference to `ofxKinect::open()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp|| undefined reference to `ofxCvImage::allocate(int, int)'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp|| undefined reference to `ofxCvImage::allocate(int, int)'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp|| undefined reference to `ofxKinect::setCameraTiltAngle(float)'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x51)||undefined reference to `ofxCvContourFinder::~ofxCvContourFinder()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x68)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x7f)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x96)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xa3)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xad)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xb7)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xcd)||undefined reference to `ofxCvImage::~ofxCvImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xe4)||undefined reference to `ofxKinectPlayer::~ofxKinectPlayer()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xfb)||undefined reference to `ofxKinectRecorder::~ofxKinectRecorder()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x110)||undefined reference to `ofxKinect::~ofxKinect()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x18b)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1a2)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1b9)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1c6)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1d0)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1da)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1ee)||undefined reference to `ofxCvImage::~ofxCvImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x205)||undefined reference to `ofxKinectPlayer::~ofxKinectPlayer()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x21c)||undefined reference to `ofxKinectRecorder::~ofxKinectRecorder()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD0Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x231)||undefined reference to `ofxKinect::~ofxKinect()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x51)||undefined reference to `ofxCvContourFinder::~ofxCvContourFinder()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x68)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x7f)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x96)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xa3)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xad)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xb7)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xcd)||undefined reference to `ofxCvImage::~ofxCvImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xe4)||undefined reference to `ofxKinectPlayer::~ofxKinectPlayer()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0xfb)||undefined reference to `ofxKinectRecorder::~ofxKinectRecorder()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x110)||undefined reference to `ofxKinect::~ofxKinect()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x183)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x19a)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1b1)||undefined reference to `ofxCvGrayscaleImage::~ofxCvGrayscaleImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1be)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1c8)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1d2)||undefined reference to `vtable for ofxCvColorImage'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1e6)||undefined reference to `ofxCvImage::~ofxCvImage()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x1fd)||undefined reference to `ofxKinectPlayer::~ofxKinectPlayer()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x214)||undefined reference to `ofxKinectRecorder::~ofxKinectRecorder()'|  
obj\release\src\testApp.o:testApp.cpp:(.text$_ZN7testAppD1Ev[testApp::~testApp()]+0x229)||undefined reference to `ofxKinect::~ofxKinect()'|  
||More errors follow but not being shown.|  
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...|  
||=== Build finished: 50 errors, 17 warnings ===|  

I’m using 007 and ofTheo-ofxKinect-007-0-g2d6e7e7

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I may be having the same issues as described in this post:
http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/errors-compiling-using-007./7111/0

I’m also running Windows 7 64 bit.

not really sure, and no way to check right now, but have you tried installing a different MinGW other than the one installed with codeblocks?

Try this: http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/download and get the 64bit compiler and change all the executables pointing to the codeblocks mingw to the new one.

Tell me if this works. I’ve just been using my 32bit computer to work with right now.

Regards,

linusmotu,
I downloaded the 64bit compiler through the link you provided and made the changes in codeblocks and received this error when attempting to build the emptyExample:

||=== openFrameworksLib, release ===|  
..\..\..\poco\include\Poco\Timestamp.h|250|warning: 'static Poco::Timestamp::TimeVal Poco::Timestamp::resolution()' redeclared without dllimport attribute after being referenced with dll linkage [enabled by default]|  
C:\Users\jnielsen\Desktop\of_preRelease_v007_win_cb\libs\openFrameworks\app\ofAppGlutWindow.cpp||In function 'void fixCloseWindowOnWin32()':|  
C:\Users\jnielsen\Desktop\of_preRelease_v007_win_cb\libs\openFrameworks\app\ofAppGlutWindow.cpp|177|error: 'GWL_WNDPROC' was not declared in this scope|  
C:\Users\jnielsen\Desktop\of_preRelease_v007_win_cb\libs\openFrameworks\app\ofAppGlutWindow.cpp|180|error: cast from 'LRESULT (*)(HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM) {aka long long int (*)(HWND__*, unsigned int, long long unsigned int, long long int)}' to 'long int' loses precision [-fpermissive]|  
||=== Build finished: 2 errors, 1 warnings ===|  

We’re beginning to venture beyond my abilities. Thoughts on what’s next?
Thanks!

Hmmm, that problem also goes beyond what i know. Have you downloaded the latest stable build of openframeworks? or is that from the github?

Looking back on your first post, i think the majority of the undefined references, are due to the addons not being included on your workspace. Just a thought though, have you done this to the addons:

http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/adding-code,-include-paths–addons-in-cb/3090/0

Tell me if this works, and finally, try to do that with the MingGW included in your codeblocks again. The error caused by the MinGW link i gave stumps me.

I got it working! I don’t know what I did, though. The last thing was I went back to the CB packaged MinGW from MinGW64. I then downloaded the latest ofxKinect branch on github, the feature-win-cb and voila!