Has anyone successfully embedded OF inside Godot Engine?

Hello Everyone,

Out of sheer curiosity, I was wondering if anyone had successfully embedded OF’s interaction capabilities inside Godot? Reason why I asked is simple. I’m always having a hard time working with GLSL ES shaders in OF.

I’m thinking of something like calling ofxCv functionalities + other addons, while using Godot engine as the main renderer. Would be very happy to know if there’s already an on-going effort on this as I don’t yet have the capacity to make it happen.

Thank you in advance for any response.

1 Like

Hmm… No one?

Time to do it myself then. Wish me luck guys. :wink:

2 Likes

hey! any progress on this? :slight_smile: I’m very interested in the subject myself.

Hello @konstantin,

I tried embedding some core OF functionalities + ofxCv and OpenCv inside Godot’s GDNative interface with the intention to build a custom game engine. I decided to scrap the project since the complexities associated with library-mangling between OF and Godot core wasn’t giving me promising results. Eventually I switched back to coding my mobile app in pure OF.

Setting minSdkVersion.apiLevel = 25 and targetSdkVersion.apiLevel = 29 in build.gradle seemed to make the shaders work. So I’m off from using Godot for now.

Thanks.

I thought Godot was an alternative to OF and would be able to replace it entirely. Is this not the case?