Graphics problem after turning off the monitor in Linux

Hi all,

I recently encountered a graphics issue on Linux that I can’t seem to figure out.

I have an installation which consists out of intel NUCs running Ubuntu 20.04.2.0.
Each NUC is connected to a projector. My software is running full screen on the projectors.

When I switch the connected projector off (so the NUC doesn’t have a screen anymore), and then I switch the projector back on, I get weird graphics issues.
Sometimes the Ubuntu desktop icons are drawn on top of my app, sometimes my window just gets rescaled. In both cases, when I do ofToggleFullscreen() twice the problem is resolved and everything draws again as it should.

Extra strange:
When I start my OF app from terminal, the issue appears, but when I let my app autostart at login (by adding an entry at ~/.config/autostart ) the issue doesn’t appear!

I have no idea what’s going on yet, but I suspect it has something to do with running the app without a screen (obviously…?)
Does anyone know what’s going on? I was also trying to detect from OF when the screen goes off and when it comes back on, but I couldn’t consistently do this.