Gitignore to not exclude breakpoints of the project

Hello, I am using this gitgnore file to not include some “unnecessary” files that slows the push/pulls.
But when I switch to another computer the breakpoints are not in the project.
I suppose there’s some of my gitignore lines that is disabling this…

Where can I enable the store of breakpoints?
It’s a good idea? Or there will be some other unnecessary things that will be synced too?

Thanks

## openFrameworks
#XCode
*.pbxuser
*.perspective
*.perspectivev3
*.mode1v3
*.mode2v3

#XCode 4
xcuserdata/*
*.xcworkspace

##
*~
*~.nib
*~.xib
.DS_Store

## 
bin/data/*

Hello,

I think breakpoints (Breakpoints.xcbkptlist) are in the xcuserdata directory, so you might want to include that one.

Best,
V

At least for visual studio, it’s highly advised not to share user project files among users. I guess it’s okay if it’s a repo only you use. Also some database files can get quite big.

Don’t know if it’s the same for xcode.

yeah, breakpoints are a very user-specific thing, and as such shouldn’t be included in version control. that’s why xcuserdata/* is ignored, btw.

yes, but in my case I am the only coder; using 2 computers.
So, if I can enable the breakpoints syncs without adding “garbage” to the git sync I will include the folder.
That’s the poin’t, to know what other stuff is included in this folder, and if it’s a bad idea, i terms of a nice working git.

just never try to share your project with other people :smiley:
If you only want to include the breakpoints, and they are in a Breakpoints.xcbkptlist file as indicated above, you can try un-ignoring that specific file by prepending the path to it with ! in gitignore, so probably something like

xcuserdata/*
!xcuserdata/where/ever/Breakpoints.xcbkptlist

or the other way round.

1 Like

thanks!