Getting ofxRPiCameraVideoGrabber error

Hi,

I’m working on a Raspberry Pi and I’m having trouble getting the ofxRpiCameraVideoGrabber to work. The error I’m getting, when I try to build one of the examples, says:

“In file included from src/nonTextureApp.cpp:1:0:
src/nonTextureApp.h:6:38: fatal error: ofxRPiCamerVideoGrabber.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated”

I’m a little new to OpenFrameworks, so I apologize if I’ve missed something obvious. OF is working on my RPi otherwise. I think my folder/file hierarchy is OK and the header file referenced above does exist. Do I need to update gcc to 4.7 (a new thing for me to understand too)? Does cloning the add-on vs. downloading the zip make a difference?

Thanks for any help.

Assuming you are using the most recent version

Is ofxRPiCamerVideoGrabber in your openFrameworks/addons folder?

Where is your project folder located?

Thanks for your reply.

And actually, as it turns out, it is working as of late last night. Kind of the result I wanted and not wanted if I’m wasting post space or people’s time.

So just for the record, this is where I have things set up:
/home/pi/openFrameworks/addons/ofxRPiCameraVideoGrabber
/home/pi/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/example-non-texture

And I am running the latest version of the addon, posted on github on March 24th.

So I’m not sure what I changed but if it at least helps anybody else starting out, here’s what I did:
-downloaded the .zip of ofxRPiCameraVideoGrabber from github, unzipped it
-renamed the addon by removing “-master”
-placed the files as seen above

It even worked with the GPU memory split set to 64.

Only errors I saw last night was that after running the non-texture example no problem, another run did not play fullscreen (LXDE bar at bottom could be seen).

Anyway, thanks for jvcleave’s reply and apologies about the false alarm.

1 Like

Dear leefense, I just had the same problem and it got solved by removing -master from the ofxRPiCameraVideoGrabber-master directory name.

Thanks a lot, I was at the end of my wits regarding that.