Getting LanguageServer and autocompletion up and running with oF/nvim/linux

Hi all,

Returning to oF after a long break…

Has anybody been able to get something like ccls up and running in a meaningful way with openFrameworks on linux and (neo)vim? It seems the generic c++ stuff should be fine, but when I run it in nvim I am getting an awful lot of ccls: 'ofMain.h' file not found type of errors, which is obviously not very helpful.

Additionally, I would love to get my autocompletion working within openFrameworks. I was able to do something like this with gutentags back in the days, by creating a .gutentags file in the openFrameworks root directory, but it generated a loooot of noise and included all my past typos as well, so not a great way to handle this. I would basically like to expose all the oF classes to my completion engine (deoplete in nvim).

OK, replying to myself here: a key component in the process is to generate a compile_commands.json file at the root of my app (NOT the oF root) using a tool like compiledb -n make, which is available through pip or AUR in Arch Linux world. I’m still getting ofMain.h file not found, but I am now able to get the documentation up as a floating window when I hit K. Nice! Will keep filling into this thread as I figure out more stuff, as well as adding to my previous blog post with new info about language server and deoplete…