game scene organization

Hi, I’m trying to organize the scene structure for a simple iOS game, but I’m running into problems. Basically, I’d like the ofxiPhoneApp to be able to load in and out different Scenes, which would handle the update and draw methods for all the GameObjects.

So for the first part of my question, are there any resources you can recommend that would help explain a good way to accomplish and organize that?

I’m uncertain on whether I should be extending from ofNode, looking into OpenScenegraph, etc.

I have another related question:
I have the Scene class (an instance of which is created in the setup method of the ofxiPhoneApp). Then I have a GameObject class, and I’d like each instance of GameObject (or its subclasses) to be able to send the Scene instance messages. No matter how I try to use “class Scene;” or “#include Scene.h” I get an Apple Mach-O Linker Error when I try to call a Scene method from a GameObject instance (error below).

I think it has something to do with circular includes, but I’m not sure inform the classes of eachother properly.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

ld: warning: ignoring file ../../../libs/FreeImage/lib/osx/freeimage.a, missing required architecture armv7 in file  
ld: warning: ignoring file ../../../libs/glew/lib/osx/glew.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7)  
ld: warning: ignoring file ../../../libs/cairo/lib/osx/cairo.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7)  
ld: warning: ignoring file ../../../libs/glu/lib/iphone/glu.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7)  
Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:  
  "__ZN5Scene4testEv", referenced from:  
      __ZN10GameObject8setSceneER5Scene in GameObject.o  
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7  
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)  

Well, the error was solved by creating a new project.