I’m currently working on a 360 immersive project in a dome. My content comes from large point clouds, that i draw as points or wireframe meshes (using vboMeshes). I chosed to work on windows so i can use a NVidia GeForce 10 series, that gives me better perfs (in terms of FPS).
in a few words, the addon works this way:
- it instantiates 6 cameras, each one facing a given direction
- every camera render to a fbo (so we get a cubeMap)
- the fbos are then used as textures on meshes reproducing the inverse of a dome (to cancel the deformation due to the projection on the non-flat surface)
For now my project runs in 1080x1080. But when i project my contents on the dome, i have resolution (or aliasing, not really sure?) problems :
I tried several things :
- forcing antialiasing, with a OFGLFWWindowSetting parameter’s numSamples set to 4,8 and 16
- double the resolution of the entire project to 2160x2160
But the result is still not suitable :
My intuition is that the problem comes from the FBOs used in the addon to render the cubeMap, causing some sort of aliasing when mapped to the « inverse dome » meshes ; because when i try to run my project with a single ofCamera the result looks a bit better :
I searched for kind of a 360° ofCamera but didn’t found anything…
Does anybody tried to work on an immersive project with this addon and faced the same problem… ?
Any idea, advice or tricks would be really appreciated !