Fell at the first hurdle: Xcode compiling

I’ve been wandering through the excellent book my Josh Noble : Programming Interactivity. Just as i start to think i know a little about what i’m looking it, i give the hello world OF exercise a try. Unfortunately Xcode has spat out a whooping 65 errors and i just dont know where to begin with making it right. Any help would be greatfully recieved!

Please see text file for errors:

Many thanks

Rich

Ah, further problem. What would be the best way to share the (quite long) error log from Xcode? Its too long to paste into here and all the output formats of textedit are disallowed!

This is a catalogue of errors!

Help’s always appreciated!

Rich

you can always just either:

a) take screenshot of the errors (the first error is usually the most problematic)
b) zip up the project (delete the build folder to save space). upload to a site like mediafire (file hosting) or elsewhere.
c) zip up the error listing. upload to a site like mediafire

a + b is always good, c is good too.

happy to help!
zach

I would say that please post also the full error (or the first ones) here in the forum… If other newcomers have the same problem, and search for it they will end up here and find the solution…

Jonas

Most kind replies, i’m aware i’m scoring serious noob point failing to compile a “hello world” app.

Extra info that might be useful: I’m using Xcode 3.13 and started with the emptyExample folder from within the OF download

For any of you with extra patience the files are http://rich-porter.com/HelloWorldApp.zip

First few lines read:

(Thanks so much!)

Building target “openFrameworks” of project “openFrameworks” with configuration “Debug” — (65 errors, 1 warning)
Checking Dependencies
Warning: The Copy Bundle Resources build phase contains this target’s Info.plist file ‘openFrameworks-Info.plist’.
Warning: The Copy Bundle Resources build phase contains this target’s Info.plist file ‘openFrameworks-Info.plist’.
cd /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -x c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mfix-and-continue -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-invalid-offsetof -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -gdwarf-2 -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/openFrameworksDebug.hmap -F/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/bin -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/bin/include -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources/i386 -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources -D__MACOSX_CORE__ -lpthread -include /var/folders/Gc/GcMYe0ERFriTX2LxkYMIXE+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/Carbon-gfowbwshhsqfcrctbukodjyxxxas/Carbon.h -c /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp -o /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.o
In file included from /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:1:
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:6:25: error: ofConstants.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:7:20: error: ofMath.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:8:21: error: ofUtils.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:9:21: error: ofTypes.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:14:23: error: ofSerial.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:15:32: error: ofStandardFirmata.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:16:24: error: ofArduino.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:21:23: error: ofTexture.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:22:28: error: ofTrueTypeFont.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:23:24: error: ofGraphics.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:24:21: error: ofImage.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:28:23: error: ofBaseApp.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:29:25: error: ofAppRunner.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:33:27: error: ofSoundStream.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:34:27: error: ofSoundPlayer.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:39:29: error: ofVideoGrabber.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:40:28: error: ofVideoPlayer.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:45:22: error: ofEvents.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/HelloWorldApp.h:15: error: expected class-name before ‘ofBaseApp’
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/HelloWorldApp.h:15: error: expected {' before 'ofBaseApp' /Developer/Platforms/of\_preRelease\_v0.06\_xcode\_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/HelloWorldApp.h:15: error: invalid function declaration /Developer/Platforms/of\_preRelease\_v0.06\_xcode\_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp: In function 'int main()': /Developer/Platforms/of\_preRelease\_v0.06\_xcode\_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:7: error: 'window' was not declared in this scope /Developer/Platforms/of\_preRelease\_v0.06\_xcode\_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:7: error: 'OF\_WINDOW' was not declared in this scope /Developer/Platforms/of\_preRelease\_v0.06\_xcode\_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:7: error: 'ofSetupOpenGL' was not declared in this scope /Developer/Platforms/of\_preRelease\_v0.06\_xcode\_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:11: error: invalid use of undefined type 'class HelloWorldApp' /Developer/Platforms/of\_preRelease\_v0.06\_xcode\_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/HelloWorldApp.h:15: error: forward declaration of 'class HelloWorldApp' /Developer/Platforms/of\_preRelease\_v0.06\_xcode\_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:11: error: 'ofRunApp' was not declared in this scope In file included from /Developer/Platforms/of\_preRelease\_v0.06\_xcode\_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:1: /Developer/Platforms/of\_preRelease\_v0.06\_xcode\_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/HelloWorldApp.h:15: error: expected class-name before 'ofBaseApp' /Developer/Platforms/of\_preRelease\_v0.06\_xcode\_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/HelloWorldApp.h:15: error: expected{’ before ‘ofBaseApp’
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/HelloWorldApp.h:15: error: invalid function declaration
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:7: error: ‘window’ was not declared in this scope
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:7: error: ‘OF_WINDOW’ was not declared in this scope
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:7: error: ‘ofSetupOpenGL’ was not declared in this scope
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:11: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘class HelloWorldApp’
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/HelloWorldApp.h:15: error: forward declaration of ‘class HelloWorldApp’
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/main.cpp:11: error: ‘ofRunApp’ was not declared in this scope
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -x c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mfix-and-continue -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-invalid-offsetof -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -gdwarf-2 -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/openFrameworksDebug.hmap -F/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/bin -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/bin/include -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources/i386 -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources -D__MACOSX_CORE__ -lpthread -include /var/folders/Gc/GcMYe0ERFriTX2LxkYMIXE+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/Carbon-gfowbwshhsqfcrctbukodjyxxxas/Carbon.h -c /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/testApp.cpp -o /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/i386/testApp.o
In file included from /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/testApp.h:5,
from /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/testApp.cpp:1:
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:6:25: error: ofConstants.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:7:20: error: ofMath.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:8:21: error: ofUtils.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:9:21: error: ofTypes.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:14:23: error: ofSerial.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:15:32: error: ofStandardFirmata.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:16:24: error: ofArduino.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:21:23: error: ofTexture.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:22:28: error: ofTrueTypeFont.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:23:24: error: ofGraphics.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:24:21: error: ofImage.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:28:23: error: ofBaseApp.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:29:25: error: ofAppRunner.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:33:27: error: ofSoundStream.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:34:27: error: ofSoundPlayer.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:39:29: error: ofVideoGrabber.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:40:28: error: ofVideoPlayer.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/ofMain.h:45:22: error: ofEvents.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/testApp.h:7: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token
from /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/testApp.cpp:1:
In file included from /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/testApp.h:5,
/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/src/testApp.h:7: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -x c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mfix-and-continue -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-invalid-offsetof -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -gdwarf-2 -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/openFrameworksDebug.hmap -F/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/bin -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/bin/include -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources/i386 -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources -D__MACOSX_CORE__ -lpthread -include /var/folders/Gc/GcMYe0ERFriTX2LxkYMIXE+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/Carbon-gfowbwshhsqfcrctbukodjyxxxas/Carbon.h -c /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/app/ofAppGlutWindow.cpp -o /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/i386/ofAppGlutWindow.o
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/app/ofAppGlutWindow.cpp: No such file or directory
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/app/ofAppGlutWindow.cpp: No such file or directory
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -x c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mfix-and-continue -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-invalid-offsetof -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -gdwarf-2 -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/openFrameworksDebug.hmap -F/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/bin -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/bin/include -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources/i386 -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources -D__MACOSX_CORE__ -lpthread -include /var/folders/Gc/GcMYe0ERFriTX2LxkYMIXE+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/Carbon-gfowbwshhsqfcrctbukodjyxxxas/Carbon.h -c /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/app/ofAppRunner.cpp -o /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/i386/ofAppRunner.o
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/app/ofAppRunner.cpp: No such file or directory
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/app/ofAppRunner.cpp: No such file or directory
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -x c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mfix-and-continue -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-invalid-offsetof -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -gdwarf-2 -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/openFrameworksDebug.hmap -F/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/bin -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/bin/include -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources/i386 -I/Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources -D__MACOSX_CORE__ -lpthread -include /var/folders/Gc/GcMYe0ERFriTX2LxkYMIXE+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/Carbon-gfowbwshhsqfcrctbukodjyxxxas/Carbon.h -c /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofArduino.cpp -o /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/build/openFrameworks.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/i386/ofArduino.o
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofArduino.cpp: No such file or directory
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: /Developer/Platforms/of_preRelease_v0.06_xcode_FAT/apps/HelloWorldApp/…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofArduino.cpp: No such file or directory

a few ideas:

a) you have ofMain.h in your source fold, that looks wrong. just open an empty example up in a completely non modified version of OF. you shouldn’t ever have to touch the openframeworks source code.

b) it looks like you moved the application somewhere else beside the right height where the app should be:

-- libs  
-- apps  
---- examples  
------ emptyExample  
-------- xcode.proj  

the xcode project needs to be “relative” to the libs folder, so that you can find the source code for OF. your hello world should be at the same height, either:

-- libs  
-- apps  
---- examples  
------ emptyExample  
------ hello world example  

or

-- libs  
-- apps  
---- examples  
------ emptyExample  
---- my stuff  
------ hello world example  

(works since hello world example is at the same directory height relative to the libs folder)

does both those comments make sense? your best bet is redownload OF, and to copy the empty example and more sure it’s at the same height relative to the libs folder. defintely don’t move the OF source code around (the ofMain.h in your source folder looks pretty wrong).

take care!!
zach

You have also tried to remove the testApp from the code… I wouldn’t recommend that. Use instead the testApp’s setup, update and draw as it is, without changing that structure…

Thanks for your replies!

I understand that, and will give me a fighting chance to give it another go.

Just so I’m clear - I understand the file heirachy within the of_prerelease… folder now. But is there a recommended/conventional place for that to be.

i.e would it be acceptable/normal to use /developer/of_prerelease_0.06_xcode_Fat/

or should it be /developer/library/frameworks/of_pre… (since it’s a framework)

or is there somewhere else? Or doesn’t it matter, as long as you keep everything as demonstrated within the OF folder ?

Thanks again for your time and patience!

Rich

But is there a recommended/conventional place for that to be.

it can go anywhere, on your desktop, in your documents folder, on a usb keychain. Although it shares a namesake with the “frameworks” in the developers folder, they are actually different things – our thing is a kind of self contained package but the frameworks in the developer folder are kind of self contained operating system libraries. it’s actually preferable that your OF folder not go in “developer” actually since if you upgrade your version of xcode, there’s a chance that the folder might get trashed (don’t know that for a fact, but I’d be pretty nervous about putting anything in developer).

hope that helps!

take care,
zach