fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'GLaux.lib'

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘GLaux.lib’

i got this error, how ever i can’t find a satisfy result on the forum

may i ask what will i have to do? this is my fist time run OF so i want to test the examples

thank you

r u running vs2008?

if so, just remove glaux.lib from the link inputs.

1>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release  
1>ofAppRunner.cpp  
1>Linking...  
1>rtAudioD.lib(RtAudio.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base::~_Container_base(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base@std@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::_Vector_val<int,class std::allocator<int> >::~_Vector_val<int,class std::allocator<int> >(void)" (??1?$_Vector_val@HV?$allocator@H@std@@@std@@QAE@XZ)  
1>rtAudioD.lib(RtAudio.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base::_Orphan_all(void)const " (__imp_?_Orphan_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXXZ) referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall std::vector<int,class std::allocator<int> >::_Tidy(void)" (?_Tidy@?$vector@HV?$allocator@H@std@@@std@@IAEXXZ)  
1>rtAudioD.lib(RtAudio.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base::_Container_base(void)" (__imp_??0_Container_base@std@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "protected: __thiscall std::_Vector_val<int,class std::allocator<int> >::_Vector_val<int,class std::allocator<int> >(class std::allocator<int>)" (??0?$_Vector_val@HV?$allocator@H@std@@@std@@IAE@V?$allocator@H@1@@Z)  
1>bin\advancedGraphicsExample_debug.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals  
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\tbeta\of_preRelease_v0.05_windows_VS\app\examples\advancedGraphicsExample\obj\Debug\BuildLog.htm"  
1>advancedGraphicsExample - 4 error(s), 1 warning(s)  

This is what happen :frowning:

I’m sorry - the package for VS is not compatible with vs 2008 yet – we will do this for the next release.

the error you are having is that because of rtAudio not being compiled for vs 2008. there is a version of rtAudio online for vs 2008, and alot of info in this thread:

http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/vc+±2008-express-edition/315/0

if you have troubles with that, let me know.

I’m sorry for the issues, and hopefully we’ll be able to support 2008 fully with the next release. in the meantime, I encourage you to check out codeblocks – it’s light weight and OF work very well w/ it.

take care,
zach

Thank you for let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks

cool ! sorry again &
if you get back to c++, we’re here !!

take care,
zach

python can implement C++ :slight_smile:

I am having this problem too.
I have uninstalled VS 2008 and installed 2005 as it seemed to be more accessible with the OFW files.

So how do you remove glaux.lib from the link inputs?

I figured it out eventually too.

In VS 2005 go to
Menu Project > Properties > Configuration Properties > Linker > input
Click on the right at Additional Dependencies so it takes you to a new window.
Then just delete glaux.lib from the list and Apply.

The "cannot open file ‘projectname.obj’ " (in Visual C++ 6 and Visual Studio 2008) must be caused by some settings in your project. I ran into this error all of a sudden, and I used my mirror backup hard disk that I backed up last month to boot and compiled the exact same code without having this error showing up.

While waiting for a solution you may use your backup drive as I’ve done.

Vo Duc Dien