fatal error: GL/glu.h: No such file or directory

Hi

I am trying to run OF on Android but I am still hitting in this error:

fatal error: GL/glu.h: No such file or directory

I have done step-by-step all like it was wrote in Android + OF instruction. I am using Ubunut 11.04 on VM Player under Windows 7 64 bit. I have installed libgl1-mesa-dev. This error appears just after OF/lib project import. Any one?

have you imported both libs and openframeworks? openframeworks needs libs to be there try to recompile once you have both. also be sure that you have selected the android target in the hammer button in the toolbar

EDIT: almost sure you are compiling the linux version instead of the android one, the android one includes glu.h not GL/glu.h

This error is in libs/glew/include/GL/glew.h file. Error still appears even when i change to Android build

that file doesn’t exist either in android. you can try deleting the linux target. right click on the project select properties and then in C/C++ Build press the Manage Configurations button and delete the linux target

Ok. Builds works fine, thx - now I get error like

Failed to get the output location of the project. Check build path properties

Both paths in paths.make are correct.

that’s a ‘bug’ in eclipse you need to select the project in the bar in the left or any of it’s files before pressing the install button and not select anything else till it finishes. If you select the console or something else it cannot find which project to install and it fails with that error message.

Nope - not working. And what do you mean by “install” - standard “Run ass …” -> “Android Application” ?

Ok - I found it :slight_smile: Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately after install in emulator there is nothing displayed - just sample activity.

When I build I Come up with this error
**** Build of configuration AndroidRelease for project androidVBOExample ****

(Cannot run program “make”: Unknown reason)

It appears that it did the build because has what i believe are all the files.

I try to run but then I get this error
011-06-11 23:45:09 - androidAssimpExample] ------------------------------
[2011-06-11 23:45:09 - androidAssimpExample] Android Launch!
[2011-06-11 23:45:09 - androidAssimpExample] adb is running normally.
[2011-06-11 23:45:09 - androidAssimpExample] Failed to get the output location of the project. Check build path properties

which operating system are you using?

Using mac os followed the tutorial 3 times and still end up in same spot.

get these warnings

Description Resource Path Location Type
Error launching external scanner info generator (g++ -E -P -v -dD /Users/christinacatalano/Downloads/openframeworks-openFrameworks-1efe3cb/apps/androidExamples/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.cpp) androidAssimpExample Unknown C/C++ Problem
Error launching external scanner info generator (g++ -E -P -v -dD /Users/christinacatalano/Downloads/openframeworks-openFrameworks-1efe3cb/apps/androidExamples/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.cpp) androidAssimpExample Unknown C/C++ Problem
Error launching external scanner info generator (g++ -E -P -v -dD /Users/christinacatalano/Downloads/openframeworks-openFrameworks-1efe3cb/apps/androidExamples/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.cpp) androidAudioExample Unknown C/C++ Problem
Error launching external scanner info generator (g++ -E -P -v -dD /Users/christinacatalano/Downloads/openframeworks-openFrameworks-1efe3cb/apps/androidExamples/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.cpp) androidAudioExample Unknown C/C++ Problem
Error launching external scanner info generator (g++ -E -P -v -dD /Users/christinacatalano/Downloads/openframeworks-openFrameworks-1efe3cb/apps/androidExamples/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.cpp) a
Error launching external scanner info generator (gcc -E -P -v -dD /Users/christinacatalano/Downloads/openframeworks-openFrameworks-1efe3cb/apps/androidExamples/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.c) androidVBOExample Unknown C/C++ Problem
Invalid project path: Duplicate path entries found (/androidAssimpExample [Output path]), path: [/androidAssimpExample]. androidAssimpExample pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Duplicate path entries found (/androidEmptyExample [Output path]), path: [/androidEmptyExample]. androidEmptyExample pathentry Path Entry Problem
The local variable field is never read OFAndroid.java /ofAndroidLib/src/cc/openframeworks line 232 Java Problem

also when in the external tool configuration get

External tool location does not exist

going crazy with this gave up on my windows 7 and bought the mac thinking I would be better off

It appears my mac book pro did not come with a c++ compiler installed have been downloading xcode off of app store for past 6 hours what a nightmare. Hopefully will be able to get some openFrameworks greatness soon.

yes, i that’s the problem, you need xcode to have make in your system

trying to run this code from fattag in emptyExamples in android but with no luck tried altering code to fit android with no success. Ii keep getting this error

make: *** [AndroidInstall] Error 1
make: *** [AndroidRelease] Error 2 androidEmptyExample C/C++ Problem

have this warning

Invalid project path: Duplicate path entries found (/androidEmptyExample [Output path]), path: [/androidEmptyExample]. androidEmptyExample pathentry Path Entry Problem